Home Thoughts From Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Thoughts From Abroad

Back to the subject of Springtime in England. Beautytash day agee-an up ere so decided ta tek the coastal cliff top bimble wi the doggies, blue sky, calm sea, unusual fer the Norf sea, usually as ruff az fukk! Stood for a while to enjoy the vista when suddenly two Harbour Porpoise broke the surface, submerged then carried on re surfacing fer quite a distance, worra brill sight! If that were,nt enuff clocked a once almost extinct Red kite landing on the cliff top befoor gliding gracefully off agee-an. Deffo dunt gerrany better than that, chance sightings that to me are priceless! "Oh to be in England, Now that Spring is here!"

Comment

There is no where like Britain mate. The Pennines. The South Downs The Highlands of Scotland The Lake District. The Ogwen Valley.... Wednesbury Market Place.
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
        There is no where like Britain mate. The Pennines. The South Downs The Highlands of Scotland The Lake District. The Ogwen Valley.... Wednesbury Market Place.
        You could always go back there to live Tone
        Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

"Oyl geev eet foyve!"

Comment

I sometimes watch that 'A place in the sun',about people wanting to buy a place in Spain/Cyprus/Caribbean/Australia etc.Still prefer it here,sun's alright for a few days at a time,but give me the changing seasons here any day,rather than relentless sunshine day in,day out!

Comment

Well we get the four seasons here
              Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Some great places in the UK, with plenty of wildlife for those interested. The Lake District, what a great place. Whe we did the Coast to Coast Walk, it was a pleasure to see a Golden Eagle gliding gracefully overhead. Makes it a pleasure to get away from the urban world of loud mouthed louts and other associated wankers.
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

"The Jersey Boys!"

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
                    You could always go back there to live Tone
                    Not really mate. Too many roots here now. Thought about it though. Would'nt mind buying a little cheapo fixer upper house in the North East. Go there from may till the End of Sept. Escape the heat here and the snow there. The N E seems to be the most unspoiled per quid. Next to the Heelands.
                    Me

Comment

Cheap gaffs as well Tone.

Comment

Good over there, but not bad here..Mt-Amos-Wineglass-Bay31.jpg
                        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Beautiful mate. Oregon, Washington State and the Rockies is nice as well. I have an affinity for Blighty though. Mojave desert has a strange beauty to it. Desolate, Rocky. Arid. So arid it will kill you. Probably like the Bush. Don't suppose there is much in the way of water on top of Ayres Rock. Google McCall Idaho. Like Switzerland. Stunning... but Cheddar Gorge with the Wye winding through has the edge I think.
                          Me

Comment

i miss a bit of history, more than anything else. Over here, if something is over 20 years old it is an antique. Our house was built in the 50's and the agent referred to it as historic. i said, 'that would be a new house in england'
                            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

If dave bought his hurdy here all he would find are coca cola cans.
                              Me

Comment

Get yerself a holiday gaff near me Tone,it's great round here,with good views,and great local brewery to start the nonsense talking on friday night!And you can fondle my .303"!

Comment

Working...
                                X