Now that April's there,
    And whoever wakes in England
    Sees, some morning, unaware,
    That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
    Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
    While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
    In England—now!

And after April, when May follows,
    And the whitethroat builds, and all the swallows!
    Hark, where my blossomed pear-tree in the hedge
    Leans to the field and scatters on the clover
    Blossoms and dewdrops—at the bent spray's edge—
    That's the wise thrush; he sings each song twice over,
    Lest you should think he never could recapture
    The first fine careless rapture!
    And though the fields look rough with hoary dew,
    All will be gay when noontide wakes anew
    The buttercups, the little children's dower
    —Far brighter than this gaudy melon-flower!

Robert Browning
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Home Thoughts From Abroad

We Brits complain like fukk about the weather, but I bet tha misses the Seasons Tone? Beautytash today reckon hottest since 1949, about 22C up ere, clear blue sky, burrin Londonistan n Sarf East 25 - 26C. Daffs in bloom n Mother Nature startin ta smile after a fukkin long wet winter, all forgotten now. Me favourite iz them crisp, cowd frosty clear winter morns, up n out inta the cuds ta get the cool clear air ta de coke thee lungs. Tha feels az alive az fukk!

Comment

Oh we do mate. Nothing like the four seasons if you are born to it. Sun is great at first. Then it gets to be your nemesis if you work outside. Relentless. Like Aden.
      Me

Comment

You get soft as well. Been down to about 20c this week and I'm shivering. I was wearing a beanie yesterday.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Like the owd saying Guz:- "The British Soldier can fight in any climate throughout the World!" That,s cos we can gerram all in this country just in one fukkin day!

Comment

You have to adapt, the weather here has changed from hat coats and gloves, to T shirts in two days.
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

To quote 'The Big Yin' once again,"There's no such thing as bad weather,only inappropriate clothing!"

Comment

I don't think white blokes ever really acclimatise to relentless sun. These Mexicans from the deserts of Sonora, half Apache half Spanish models.... does not affect them one bit. Water off a ducks back. They just keep grafting and going. No matter what. Hard as nails, Should imagine the Aborigines in Oz and African blokes are the same.
                Me

Comment

I allus found when graftin Tone, knockin me bollox off fer 8 hours a day on the "Monkey" in 90F day after day in the summer of 76, Freezin me bollox off day after day when roofing in the long winter o 79, carrying 12ft long aluminium sheets up ladders in a foorce 10 holding the fukker as tight as I possibly cud ta stop mesen duin a bit o involuntary Free Fall or fixing cladding in pissing rain. The main incentive to adapt wuz the ackers at the end o the job in order ta put scoff on the table. No greater incentive!

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                    I don't think white blokes ever really acclimatise to relentless sun. These Mexicans from the deserts of Sonora, half Apache half Spanish models.... does not affect them one bit. Water off a ducks back. They just keep grafting and going. No matter what. Hard as nails, Should imagine the Aborigines in Oz and African blokes are the same.
                    Actually the Arabs are clever, wear them long flowing robes. the air circulates inside keeping you cool, and you are covered up to avoid the sun damage. Only trouble is you'd feel such a twat wearing one of them down the pub.
                    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                      Actually the Arabs are clever, wear them long flowing robes. the air circulates inside keeping you cool, and you are covered up to avoid the sun damage. Only trouble is you'd feel such a twat wearing one of them down the pub.
                      Thats right. You never see Arabs riding around on Camels in their underpants do you ?

Myself and three very game for a laugh guys at a church fund raiser. We had such fun , hope you enjoy.
                      Last edited by trubrit2411; 21 April 2018, 03:06.
                      Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                        Thats right. You never see Arabs riding around on Camels in their underpants do you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5EFIsjOcps
                        you dont even have to wear underpants with the long robes, you can just swing free in the breeze.

Comment

Dirty bastards just shit weer they,re standing then walk off like a mobile shithouse, that,s why the clobber is called a "Dish Dash". Dish out the shite then Dash off!

Comment

And would you accept food from some twat who wipes his arse with his hand ?
                            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Fook sakes lads this started of with Robert Browning's most famous poem... wrote in Italy when he was homesick... and ended up with Arabs shitting in the street. in eight posts flat
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X