Theme from "Zulu" by John Barry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theme from "Zulu" by John Barry.

Fook them assegais. When they are coming over the mealy bags and you have fired your one .45 round and all you have left is a bayonet. Must have been rather disconcerting old boy.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

There way wuz ta stab then cut open the rop then rip the guts out, some kinda ritual. Fukkin Lovely!

Comment

I read somehere in one of the books Dave .... At Isandlwana they hung the Drummer Boys by the ankles off the wagons and ripped them from crotch to neck. If its true. Could have been Victorian Propaganda. Part of the effort to assuage the Public furor about the debacle of putting the companies out in extended line instead of forming a square or a lager with the wagons. They asked Dabulamanzi, the bloke that took the Impi across the river to whack Rorkes Drift, when it was all over, why it was done. He told them it was common practice to do it to a good enemy. to release their spirits. Dunno if they were already dead or not. Must have been a right old sight as well as a hell of an incentive for the blokes at the following skirmishes / battles.

Here is another bit of a fook up by Eveylyn Woods and Redvers Buller. The Battle of Hlobane. Some of the acts of bravery they did extricating themselves from this clanger were quite note worthy. This is me all time, number one Zulu War action. Best account of this is in "The Washing Of The Spears" by Donald K Morris

Last edited by trubrit2411; 20 February 2018, 23:08.
        Me

Comment

Summat ta do wi their belief Tone that by ripping the enemys guts out it kills off the soul or summat, but tha noze these kunts will believe owt the fukkin Ju Ju tells em. Still I suppose a better end than mekkin the poor kunts a used tyre necklace then setting jeremiah ta the fukker!

Comment

The Zulu was magnificent though. Can you imagine some pasty 9 stone 19 year old Merthyr Tydfil kid, in the first stages of COPD, because he was down the pit from when he left school at twelve until he took the shilling, to get away from it, at nineteen. He's lookin at doing the Assegai Tango with some gleaming black giant, in his prime, that was raised all his life on roast Wildebeest legs and bull's blood ??? Who just happens to be bearing down on him like a cross between Hussain Bolt and a Taffy Seeking Missile.

You know what was a minor miracle ? They stood their ground. With a just bayonet LOL Then again where would they go ?
            Last edited by trubrit2411; 20 February 2018, 23:10.
            Me

Comment

Working...
            X