X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glad to be back

Originally posted by Billy Sing View Post
    am goin orate mucka.
    My sister laughs at my accent now when I catch up on Skype,it 'apparently' has some Ozzy twang now anyway, I will regain the South Yorkshire dialect when I get back t' coil village of Maltby
    Kin ell! Maltby! Once went in that big battlecruiser on the cross roads at the traffic lights, forget the name. Some rum fukkers in theer, n last time I went thru I got stopped by a load o Rotherham United fans who had buckets collecting for the club when they had bin lobbed outa Millmoor and had to play their games at the Don Valley Stadium down the road in Shiny Sheff. Ofcourse fearing fer me life, I gave generously!
    Pity cos I used to love Millmoor when the Blades ever played there, big local Derby, n we used to get the train from Heeley station ta the ground in Toytown, some great banter with the Toy Towners.
    Did thy ever go into the "Grapes" battlecruiser at Dalton? Fukkin ell! If tha dint give some scruffy little kunt standing in the car park a sky diver, when tha came out no fukkin wheels on thee motor. Some rum fukkers in Toytown. Like all our yesterdays this innit? Home on leave in the 60s, I went ta see Jayne Mansfield at the owd Greasborough Club not long after, she was killed in a car smash. The memory of her tits still haunts me to this day!

Comment

Yes Don, I know Mick and his family well. I'm trying to get Mick active on t'interweb through his young brother, Glynn (we are old school friends). Mick is a really funny and loyal family guy, we had a few bevvies in the Don Jon pub, thrown some names around, pulled up a few sand bags and swung a few old pit lanterns. There was a third cog in the wheel, and that was my cousin Keith 'Gus' Walker who was also in 1 Para same time as Mick 'Albert' Smith.
      Last edited by Billy Sing; 30 March 2017, 06:41.

“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”

Comment

That pub on the X-Roads is the Queens Hotel. For those that ventured to Maltby in 84-85 during the miners strike, the X-Roads was the epicenter of the riots.The pub is still going strong and is now under Wetherspoons. The main man in there for years was Blue, an Hells Angel who could fight hard, but was the first bloke to help you out if you needed help.
        Last edited by Billy Sing; 30 March 2017, 00:51.

“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
          Kin ell! Maltby! Once went in that big battlecruiser on the cross roads at the traffic lights, forget the name. Some rum fukkers in theer, n last time I went thru I got stopped by a load o Rotherham United fans who had buckets collecting for the club when they had bin lobbed outa Millmoor and had to play their games at the Don Valley Stadium down the road in Shiny Sheff. Ofcourse fearing fer me life, I gave generously!
          Pity cos I used to love Millmoor when the Blades ever played there, big local Derby, n we used to get the train from Heeley station ta the ground in Toytown, some great banter with the Toy Towners.
          Did thy ever go into the "Grapes" battlecruiser at Dalton? Fukkin ell! If tha dint give some scruffy little kunt standing in the car park a sky diver, when tha came out no fukkin wheels on thee motor. Some rum fukkers in Toytown. Like all our yesterdays this innit? Home on leave in the 60s, I went ta see Jayne Mansfield at the owd Greasborough Club not long after, she was killed in a car smash. The memory of her tits still haunts me to this day!
          she lost her head over you as well Dave.
          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Cudda done wi er gein mi sum head Steve! Full as a butchers dog back in them days!

Comment

Just noticed you here Jay, and didn't realise it was you as Billy Sing, even though were friends on FB. Silly me lol.
              You remember me on here as HappyJack, and some things way back when on the other site ....going back to 2005
              when some came forward with help in hard times, never forgotten... Welcome back Jay.
              Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
              A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
              Until it has destroyed itself from within
              W.Durant

Comment

Pleased to meet you mate !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Yes me to

Comment

and not to mention me.
                    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I didn't mention you Stephen !!
                      2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Taff Loxton View Post
                        I didn't mention you Stephen !!
                        thanks Taff. I thought someone might inadvertently mention me, so that's why I said, not to mention me.

Comment

Who said that ??
                          2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Just noticed you here Jay, and didn't realise it was you as Billy Sing, even though were friends on FB. Silly me lol.
                            You remember me on here as HappyJack, and some things way back when on the other site ....going back to 2005
                            when some came forward with help in hard times, never forgotten... Welcome back Jay.

John, good morning, I do remember you mate, I trust you are well?
                            Last edited by Billy Sing; 8 June 2017, 02:20.

Comment

Yes thanks Jay, apart from the para ailments and this damn COPD, but I enjoyed smoking all the years up until 5 years ago.
                              But I count myself lucky as I worked for Bestobell in Bankstown (Sydney) for approx 6 months.
                              So fingers crossed no asbestosis at this time.
                              So your still in Auss and not the sand bowl?
                              Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
                              A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
                              Until it has destroyed itself from within
                              W.Durant

Comment

John,

Sorry to hear about the COPD. Was that Bestobell Steam where you worked in Bankstown? I still live in Oz mate, married with three kids now. I left the pit in 2010 and picked up a good job in the Highlands of PNG. After 4+ years in that jungle, I decided to move to Indonesia to work on a Gold Mine surrounded by jungle...happy days.

Comment

Working...
                                X