Glad to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glad to be back

No worries mate, I'm on Halmahera, North Maluku Province.

“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Sing View Post
      No worries mate, I'm on Halmahera, North Maluku Province.

do you speak bahasa yet?
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Hello Jason, may have patted you on the back at some time in the door of a Herc, not been on this site long me-self, its a home for the bewildered. Wig

Comment

Oo you calling bewidered?...........In fact oo am I,if you can clear that up it'll be fine!

Comment

Saya berbicara Billy sedikit, bagaimana bahasa Anda?

“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”

Comment

Saya berbicara Billy sedikit, bagaimana bahasa Anda?

bagus pak selamat hari ini, anchor and bintang beir. bagus kerja bagus rupiahs bagus nona manis
              Last edited by billy meikle; 22 March 2017, 17:08.

Comment

Standinthedoor, If you did pat my back, I thank you. Some gentle persuasion is needed every now and then................especially when you have every piece of kit Her Majesty issued you hanging from your hooks/dogs dick i wouldn't have had it any other way.

Comment

Terima Kasih Pak

Comment

Terima Kasih Pak
                    kambali pak, got any photos of the site? i was the general building superintendent for JKA at the kaltim prima coal project at sangatta baru east kalimantan. loved it aye

Comment

Standinthedoor, If you did pat my back, I thank you. Some gentle persuasion is needed every now and then................especially when you have every piece of kit Her Majesty issued you hanging from your hooks/dogs dick i wouldn't have had it any other way.
                      Hello Jason, wish I had a quid for every bloke who, when I did a final equipment check before opening the doors, said 'give me a shove out please'. Knew exactly where they were at, had done the MMG loads with 1 para on mega exercises and some days you just did not feel like it. My stock answer was 'you get to the door and we will work it out then'. Rarely got a real hesitation but gave a lift if necessary, like us in our day, just glad to get out of the f***ing door and get the weight off your legs and shoulders. Best wishes Wig

Comment

I hear you mucker, and I'm sure everyone here can attest to that struggle of 'fitting equipment' and then waiting while the pilot decides to find turbulence, or practices loop the loop whilst singing ' those magnificent men in their flying machines.
                        On another note, between Iraq 2003 and when I left (Oct 2004) I took over 1 Para Snipers, the regulation jump weight (health & safety kicked in big style) was becoming an issue due to our role. We could never shed enough kit to get down to what was deemed acceptable. In the end, we were quietly left alone to squeeze in extra water, optics (the viewing kind), OP kit, batteries, ammo (for 3 personal weapons) etc. It just shows you how much a human can endure, in a cramped aircraft waiting for the green light, and still carry out his job on the ground afterwards....thats what sets us apart.

Comment

I hear you mucker, and I'm sure everyone here can attest to that struggle of 'fitting equipment' and then waiting while the pilot decides to find turbulence, or practices loop the loop whilst singing ' those magnificent men in their flying machines.
                          On another note, between Iraq 2003 and when I left (Oct 2004) I took over 1 Para Snipers, the regulation jump weight (health & safety kicked in big style) was becoming an issue due to our role. We could never shed enough kit to get down to what was deemed acceptable. In the end, we were quietly left alone to squeeze in extra water, optics (the viewing kind), OP kit, batteries, ammo (for 3 personal weapons) etc. It just shows you how much a human can endure, in a cramped aircraft waiting for the green light, and still carry out his job on the ground afterwards....thats what sets us apart.
                          Agree with every word Jason, your last sentence about that experience 'setting us apart' is one that the current bunch of hats in MoD are not understanding. They are doing their best to stop parachute training for the Parachute Regiment (bizarre!) on the basis that it will never be needed, the point they are missing there is that no one can predict how you may need to 'get there' in a war, and more importantly the act of parachuting and going through the pressure of kitting up, flying,jumping with full loads then tabbing and fighting does and has developed a breed apart. a hat would never recognise that. I did the sniper course in the mid 50's at Netheravon (I think! or Warminster) and I have compared the stuff we carried (.303 with scope, bino's, cam cream and some hessian strips, map,compass etc) with what they carry today-astonishing! Take care. Wig

Comment

Morning Dave, hows sunny dee da land? am I missing much?
                            Bit slow on the uptake, just got thee message. I live up ere in Seaham County Durham these days cos "Trouble" got hoo-am sick after 40 years in dee daa land, or cudda bin me she got sick of. Anyway, she can,t get rid o me that easily! Big problem is that she az ta translate wot the natives are saying ta me n also wot I,m saying ta them. Strange that they don,t understand, "Ahhh da guin mate o dy oreight?"

Comment

am goin orate mucka.
                              My sister laughs at my accent now when I catch up on Skype,it 'apparently' has some Ozzy twang now anyway, I will regain the South Yorkshire dialect when I get back t' coil village of Maltby

Comment

Jace, we have another member from Maltby, Mike Smith, ex 1PARA. Do you know him?
                                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Working...
                                X