Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

The first battalion took part in operations in Tunisia in late 1942 to May 1943, suffering heavy casualties. The battalion and the brigade took part in Operation Fustian, when the Allies invaded Sicily and, again, suffered heavy casualties and was withdrawn to England in late 1943 to train and prepare for the Allied invasion of France. The battalion wasn't used in the initial invasion on 6 June 1944, D-Day, but was held back in the UK in reserve in case any of the five invasion beaches encountered serious difficulties and needed support. The plan turned out not to be required. During the fighting in Normandy numerous plans to drop the 1st Airborne were formed, none of which came to fruition. Finally, in September 1944, the battalion dropped into Arnhem the Netherlands with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division, as part of Operation Market Garden, where they suffered extremely heavy casualties and never saw combat again for the rest of the war.

Re: Prose-The demise of 1 Para-Wiki History

I think they,d fukkin dun enuff dunt thaa? I know me owd man wud think so after copping fer a boxhead mortar bomb in Tunisia 1943!

Comment

I take it he didn't use his hurdy gurdy to find it like you then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
        I think they,d fukkin dun enuff dunt thaa? I know me owd man wud think so after copping fer a boxhead mortar bomb in Tunisia 1943!
        could dad spell without swearing

the demise of 1 para is not about your dad

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
          I take it he didn't use his hurdy gurdy to find it like you then?

I cannot see what this

and 1paras demise match up

Comment

yes that's part of the too many casualties 1 para took overall thus removed from active service

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
              could dad spell without swearing

the demise of 1 para is not about your dad
              Now

Wot thaa torkin abaaht kunt! Nowt ta do wi our old man indeed! Blown up serving at the sharp end with em! Fukked im fer the rest of iz short life, no fukkin wonder eee wuz allus in a bad mood wi ignorant kunts like thee around. You rude ignorant TWAT!

Comment

Now

Wot thaa torkin abaaht kunt! Nowt ta do wi our old man indeed! Blown up serving at the sharp end with em! Fukked im fer the rest of iz short life, no fukkin wonder eee wuz allus in a bad mood wi ignorant kunts like thee around. You rude ignorant TWAT!
                no need to hold back Dave.
                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Sitting on the fence,while beating about the bush as usual!

Comment

Could be worse Pat, he could be bashing te bishop !
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Just imagine being in a battlecruiser and some kunt gobs off at thee like that kunt! S M A C K ! ! !

Comment

Now

you are as thick as pig shit and twice as smelly-you weren't born when it happened twat

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                          Could be worse Pat, he could be bashing te bishop !

They say it dims your eyesight,but I'd put money on John's being the sight affected!

Comment

The first battalion took part in operations in Tunisia in late 1942 to May 1943, suffering heavy casualties. The battalion and the brigade took part in Operation Fustian, when the Allies invaded Sicily and, again, suffered heavy casualties and was withdrawn to England in late 1943 to train and prepare for the Allied invasion of France. The battalion wasn't used in the initial invasion on 6 June 1944, D-Day, but was held back in the UK in reserve in case any of the five invasion beaches encountered serious difficulties and needed support. The plan turned out not to be required. During the fighting in Normandy numerous plans to drop the 1st Airborne were formed, none of which came to fruition. Finally, in September 1944, the battalion dropped into Arnhem the Netherlands with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division, as part of Operation Market Garden, where they suffered extremely heavy casualties and never saw combat again for the rest of the war.

Comment

Now

Comment

Working...
                              X