Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:53 am
    uk bans creationism

Re: Blind Faith Psychosis

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
      thanks Dave-after viewing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lURsrtdNy4

i'm convinced there is nothing up there that gives a damn about anything down here

praying is primitive-even childish

thankdave

Comment

John, I'm a great believer, in when your dead that's it mate, because from my own experience there is no I know who's left this earth animal or human has made an appearance afterwards and told me otherwise. Religion of all faiths are man made rules to keep the minions in their place, for the benefit of their creator.
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I believe that Religion is just a case of right and wrong, justice and injustice, so if you can allus try n do the right thing, actually impossible! But to try is the main thing, and always fight for justice, then that sums up Religion to me.
          As for when yer fried bread, like all living things we just become part of the compost system which helps to promote new growth, so as far as I,m concerned enjoy theesen as much as the can befoor tha becomes a bag o shite!

Comment

I believe that Religion is just a case of right and wrong, justice and injustice, so if you can allus try n do the right thing, actually impossible! But to try is the main thing, and always fight for justice, then that sums up Religion to me.
            As for when yer fried bread, like all living things we just become part of the compost system which helps to promote new growth, so as far as I,m concerned enjoy theesen as much as the can befoor tha becomes a bag o shite!
            mother said to me-john all we ever had to do is behave ourselves-god was created by man to make money for man-she was like me-about as religious as a lamp post

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
              John, I'm a great believer, in when your dead that's it mate, because from my own experience there is no I know who's left this earth animal or human has made an appearance afterwards and told me otherwise. Religion of all faiths are man made rules to keep the minions in their place, for the benefit of their creator.

thank you for your contribution Bob

Comment

John, looks like we're all singing from the same sheet mate, you can be a good person without religion. And I have known some sworn Christians who haven't got a kind bone in their body.
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Sunday Christians, me dear old Mum used to call em.

Comment

Sunday Christians, me dear old Mum used to call em.
                    creationism banned in british schools-it was banned in the EU in 2007

clik and scroll down

Comment

Religious Education at skoyl wuz a fukkin bind, and one lass in our class got to dodge it cos she wuz a rat catcher, so thought ta mesen, "I,ll av a pop at that!"
                      Told the teacher I,d just found out I wuz a rat catcher n got the fukkin cane fer tellin poorkies! Ah well nuthin ventured, nuthin gained!

Comment

RE classes at the school I went to in Lyme Regis for a while,(expelled)were great as they were taught by 'Doc' White,a mortar board and gown wearing Gallipoli veteran,who didn't need much encouragement to pull up a sandbag and swing the lamp!I don't remember any religious teaching in any of his lessons,but remember many of his tales from the trenches.

Comment

A tribe in Africa believes that witches assemble for huge banquets where they devour their victims. Many will say a friend of a friend has seen these witches flying over the village at night, sitting on a banana leaf and throwing magical darts at unsuspecting victims.

A prominent Cambridge 'Christian' theologian offers, "this is why anthropology is so difficult, having to explain how people can believe such nonsense?"

Of course the theologian's own religious beliefs are far from nonsense as below demonstrates( or in my opinion rather does not)

The Christian theologian probably believes that:

A man was born to a virgin mother with no biological father involved many years ago

A fatherless man who raised Lazarus from the dead, even though Lazarus was decayed and stinking

A fatherless man who himself came back from the dead after being buried for three days

A fatherless man who after a time walked to the top of a hill and was bodily carried into the sky and disappeared

You can silently converse with the fatherless man who disappeared and his father, who is also himself, and he will hear you at the same time as hearing everyone else in the World who believes and is simultaneously silently conversing with him and he may act upon these converses(thoughts/prayers)

If you do something bad or good the fatherless man will see even if no one else does and will punish/reward you accordingly, even after your death

The fatherless man's virgin mother did not die, but was taken bodily into heaven

Bread and wine, blessed by a priest, 'become' the body and blood of the fatherless man who was buried, came alive again and disappeared atop a hill skywards

Just maybe it's a case of pot, kettle?

Loosely taken from an anecdote from Boyer, in 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins 2006
                          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

i believe religion is just power for the sake of it-that my story and i'm sticking to it

Comment

Religion is control.
                              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X