Out and about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Out and about

Nice on Jack,some real classic cars theer!

Comment

Reckon some of us can recall when the only one in the village to own a car was the doctor, and all the motors were black. All deliveries, milk,bread,groceries,fish,coal,rag and bone men, to name a few were all done by horse and cart. Even thinking about it now I can smell the galawas piss and shite in the road .
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

I remember the owd women rushing out with bucket and shovel to scoop it up to put on their window boxes. Some lying bastard once told me that horse shit in thee shoes would mek thee grow. Being a midget I f.ckin tried it and was the most popular bin lid in the classroom!

Comment

My Gran used to send me out with a bucket and little shovel to pick up what the coalman had dropped in the street
          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

You'd've been better following his horse and picking up what it dropped!So much nicer smelling than human shit,and better for the roses!

Comment

When I was about six I had a nice little enterprise going on sunny weekends with George the milk man and some times the baker too. I used to follow them with me shovel and bucket until the horse dropped a load and then shoot off and sell it in the allotments right over the road for a penny a bucket. Which immediately got spent on a lollipop or kayli. Horse always dropped between Manor Rd and School Road right in my block. Like somebody pulled a lever. It was guaranteed Revenue. A Solomon. Wellies and a bucket and shovel. Rain stopped play. Then, just as I had it down pat, I got put out of business by electric milk floats. Barstards. I was a victim of progress.
              I went the way of the Buggy Whip. Obsolete. Thats probably when Pfizer started selling bags of compost.
              Last edited by trubrit2411; 13 June 2014, 15:06.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                You'd've been better following his horse and picking up what it dropped!So much nicer smelling than human shit,and better for the roses!
                The coal that was dropped was like gold dust back then Pat
                Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Hardly any rain until I got home and its been persisting down

Comment

Nice one Jack. Worth watching to the end; some memories brought back there.

Comment

Beautiful part o the world Jack, the great George Mallory, arguably the first man to summit Everest spent a lot of his younger years climbing in that neck o the woods.Spent a lot o me time in them parts mesen, Bedgellart being a favourite with the old Watkins path up to the summit of Snowden a brill tab, up past the Gladstone Rock and the old ruined farm full o bullet holes that was used by the army commandos during WW11. The stream that runs to the bottom brill for swimming in, and the ice cream parlour back at base second to none!

Comment

Another good one Jack !!

Comment

Numerous glitches uploaded video for some reason the software saved the sound in mono on rendering computer crashed . The video took 2 days to shoot hours of editing hope it is of interest

Comment

Yet another good one Jack thank you. Must cost you a fortune in petrol.
                            God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

I think you can get battery powered cameras these days Tug!

Comment

Thanks Pat funny ha ha, but you only think???? now that is worrying.
                                God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Working...
                                X