• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Out and about

Marvellous what a couple of drinks will do

Comment

BRILL! Party time! Reminds me o me days guin ta the Bier Keller in Fanny Brown, dancing on the tables, n Friday afternoons full o building trade lads theer ta watch the big dippers! HAPPY DAYS!

Comment

good afternoon out even had my 3 Para pal join me I got through £30....... that's what the missus told me this morning

Comment

Guin thru thi pockets then Jack?

Comment

Your right there Jack, what a few drinks would do.
            You even lose the pain in your back, and dance away.
            Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
            A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
            Until it has destroyed itself from within
            W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
              Jim Scott, Do you remember Jim Walmsley, hailed from Liverpool area I think, he would be about the early 60's era, often wondered how he is doing today if still around? I think Charlie Gowans would also be about that time. Was saddened to learn that Sherdy had gone some years ago. Wig
              jm was my plt sgt in d ( ptl coy) first tour palace good lad....i heard from jackie a few years back she visits with him i have a photo of him somewhere
              shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                Jim, and the rigs were as big as a f***ing sideboard, needed a trailer to get a few rigs down there. Passed Halfpenny Green a few months ago, some free fall going on, wandered in to have a look, astonished at the size of the stuff they jump with now, more like a pocket hanky, barely see the reserve, hitefinders, the lot, the 'ripcord' was a bunch of beads near his arse, or a 'drogue' tucked in to a pocket. Used to like to feel something on my back with a handle like a lump of angle iron. Was mid 50's, eventually they broke up the Spitfires and Jeeps and took them off for scrap. Enough to make you weep. Wig
                How is Halfpenny Green these days? I used to jump there years ago. Went through a Farm roof at the end of the runway. Knocked a ten foot hole in it. Went through like a dart. Found meself over acres of greenhouses so I drove for the farmers back yard. Then I started seeing all these rusty plows and farm implements so I pulled down more to try to make it over the house. Didn't make it.
                "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                Me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                  Guin thru thi pockets then Jack?
                  She puts some money my wallet Dave they don't call her "The Hawk" for nothing

Comment

Puts money in? Deffo a nice change Jack!

Comment

Because they usually have a nasty habit of taking it out !
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Same old stuff although I met some guys from 1 Para recruiting team interesting chat with one guy who says he likes
                        Poole better than St Athens.
                        In my time in the RA never watched the donkey wallopers performing

Comment

Who would 1st Special Forces Support Group be recruiting. It can't be civvies can it
                          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                          Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                            Who would 1st Special Forces Support Group be recruiting. It can't be civvies can it
                            No tony, it's 1 PARA and some Rockapes, Maurines and apparently some Navy and RAF.
                            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                              They were the Rgt recruiting team 3 guys from the battalions

Comment

Spent a week in Somerset this event was ok but not as good as our military do

Comment

Working...
                                X