Dancing on air.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing on air.

I thought they had caught up with the courses. At Abingdon 1968 I got lucky and was giving a wee Scots Wraf one

Comment

I got lucky with her sister in 73

Comment

I got unlucky with her grandmother in 72.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Nick View Post
          Pat I can't believe what you are saying, what has happened to recruits doing the para course before being posted to a Battalion. I knew things were bad in the UK but Jesus Christ are they all going mad or what ????????????????????
          Apparently,due to "Cuts",parachute courses are not part of basic training any more,but continuation training,to be carried out as and when courses become availlable.Due to aircraft availlability and operational commitments the wait seems to be getting longer and longer,and it won't be long before a 3 year man can serve his whole time without jumping.As Colin said,often a young tom will have done an operational tour with no wings,f.ckin' disgusting as it seems to me.Imagine doing all that training,and dying sans wings,how would you stand the slagging for all eternity in Valhalla??

Comment

I got locked up in 66.

Comment

It was "101 Club" at Abingdon for me, the WRAFs were fine and they certainly liked a bit of rough, but after eating that shit served up in Maida Bks, the grub was still the best for me.
              Archie
              Every man An Emperor

Comment

AhAA - being the crow that I am - Browning Bks Grub was good enough so I obviously joined when they were feeding them not needing them!!! It was a good time to join if you ask me !!
                I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Maida Cookhouse,"one egg and one sausage per man",put more on and cookie the c.nt would tek em off at the end o the line.
                  "An Army Marches On Its Stomach", "BOLLOX",Thank f.ck for the NAFFI!

Comment

The old saying is " You can call the Cook a cnut but you can't call the cnut a Cook"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                      Apparently,due to "Cuts",parachute courses are not part of basic training any more,but continuation training,to be carried out as and when courses become availlable.Due to aircraft availlability and operational commitments the wait seems to be getting longer and longer,and it won't be long before a 3 year man can serve his whole time without jumping.As Colin said,often a young tom will have done an operational tour with no wings,f.ckin' disgusting as it seems to me.Imagine doing all that training,and dying sans wings,how would you stand the slagging for all eternity in Valhalla??
                      its not the lads fault but its gonna be very hard to tell who's a walter in the future. a lad may have done P Company but to me you can't call yourself airborne untill you've actually done your jumps.
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                        its not the lads fault but its gonna be very hard to tell who's a walter in the future. a lad may have done P Company but to me you can't call yourself airborne untill you've actually done your jumps.
                        How the hell, can you have a Parachute Battalion where only so many members are qualified? what were the Commanders doing to allow this to happen. Looks like the nutters are in charge of the nut house (Parliament and the M.O.D.) Mind you historically the nutters have always been in charge.
                        There is always someone watching

Comment

Originally posted by KevinMoran View Post
                          AhAA - being the crow that I am - Browning Bks Grub was good enough so I obviously joined when they were feeding them not needing them!!! It was a good time to join if you ask me !!
                          By your avatar they obviously held you down and force fed you Kev!(Being the slimmest member of the site I can get away with remarks like this)

Comment

That's a bit above and below the belt Pat!
                            Archie
                            Every man An Emperor

Comment

By your avatar they obviously held you down and force fed you Kev!(Being the slimmest member of the site I can get away with remarks like this)
                              Note to self, new mirror for Pat, as his last one was second hand from the hall of mirrors at the fun fair.
                              Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
                              Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

thats the pot calling the kettle a teacup, or whatever it is

Comment

Working...
                                X