This is how I saw the events take place from Friday to Sunday. It starts off with me being the weekends duty driver for Phil Probets, Willie Atkins and Paul Read.

Sit rep- Friday 11th 0900hrs-PP arrived at my place inOxford, quick cup of tea then waited for Willie to come down for around 1000hrsthen onto Reading to pick up Paul R, then onto Ross On Wye for lunch.

0945hrs- Spoke to Willie and he asked that we meet at hislads location at 1015hrs, arrived to secure the RV, Willie in traffic,confirmed he would be ten mins, this was obviously a C Coy ten mins.
1015hrs-Paul R, " Have you left yet?"...no,waiting for Willie.
1100hrs-Phone call from Paul R, Willie should be with you in5 I have just spoken to him.
1115hrs.Willie arrives, tell Paul R this and he then goesinto Tom Tom mode explaining the best route, avoid Reading main centre.
1215hrs In Reading main centre... I'm sure Paul R said avoidthis. Willie stating to grunt at me and Phil asking why Paul R never drove toOxford?
Gets to Pauls place, quick cup of tea, couple of pics taken( Paul is standing on the steps, that's why he looks the same height as us).
Off to Ross then..this is where the fun started, everyonewas in Tom Tom mode except me I was obeying the Sat Nav. More grunts andcomments about the best way to Ross, are we going to be there on time! Command decisionmade (stomach pains) Little Chef was chosen. Quick scoff and head for Brecon.The three Tom Toms advised me of the best route as did the Sat Nav. Making slowprogress due to traffic the thee Tom Toms turned into Top Gear drivers withcomments like wrong lane, he's overtaken us again and put your foot down.
15**hrs-All timings have now gone to f*ck.
Back in the car Phil is still asking why Paul never drove toOxford and Willie turning into Jeremy Clarkson ( a loud one). We get to Breconand the sun is shining just like previous years. Phil and I hope that is goingto get hotter or torrential rain for Pau and Willie who are walking up the Fan,we are finding it hard to get up there, it's not the same without Helmet,Webbing and a SLR and some f8cker shouting at you..so we are taking thedifficult option by talking to Don and taking a few snaps and offering words ofencouragement. Willie makes a comment " If Tom Neathway goes up this year,you will never hear the end of it. " F*ck me I thought, I have got myboots in the back of the car just in case and quietly ask God not to spirit Tomup this year, minor flap if this happens.
Booked in the Lansdowne and Carol welcomes us again, kitpacked away then onto the Rugby Club. Lots of people there and so it starts,great to see so many people who I have not seen for years. Groups around tablesinside and outside every one enjoying the occasion...what did we do before BAFCgot up and running?
Anyway the scoff question arrived again and we asked Carolat the Lansdowne to book us in for a meal. This she did and what a good scoff and laugh we had. Euro millions lottery- weall entered using Phil's phone, and we were winners..£2.70, ah well.
Back to the Rugby Club..then it's a bit of a blur.
Saturday morning, up shower ready for breakfast the sun isshining and it's looking as if our wish for it hotting up for Willie and Paulis coming true......Phil and I have a little chuckle. Breakfast being servedand Willie son is joining him so breakfast is booked for another. Willies sonBilly arrives ( another Monster) and introduces himself to us, nice lad andvery polite, well done Willie. Off to the Rugby club to pick up the car, gearpacked away we go. Phil and I are still hoping for rain or it to get evenhotter so Paul and the others can sweat the beer out of them. Phil and I haveanother little chuckle.
Driving up to the Fan and the Tom Toms start again...get tothe car park and it looks as though they are clearing the area for the CableCars to be installed..wishful thinking on my part. Usual banter from the TomToms, get a bit nearer, cant you get in there try putting over here...get outand start walking I say to myself. Phil and I notice the tea wagons we passedearlier will have to get a visit a bit later.
Thank you God, Tom Neathway is parked up this side of thestart line..boots no not needed.
Stu Pearson ready for the off ( well done Stu) with Paul B, don'tfeel so bad now.... they both overtook me the last time I done it.
Photos taken, people arriving with Bergen's (not like Pauls)and everyone having a giggle and looking forward to the tab (except Phil andI). Smokey talks and introduces Brenda's son Reece who has made a lot of moneyby sponsorship for the BAFC, well done that man and thanks Brenda.
Everyone starts booking in through Don and we make ourselveslook very busy/fully occupied by looking very busy/fully occupied if you knowwhat I mean. People swarming up to the Fan, getting smaller all the time fromwhere we are sitting. Cold wind is starting to bite so now we are joined byAlan Southerns wife and ask if anyone at the start point wants a drink as noburger bar there this year ( well done NT). Orders taken and delivered.....waitingwaiting.
A race is taking place and people running down from the Fancovered in mud and snot to check in and take on water, I never saw any of themwith Helmets, webbing or rifles...how things have changed. At last Jonaharrives, not even sweating completing 31 mins up 15 down, well Jonah ( fitbas*urd).
Ging Farrah turns up later and asks us to help him bringsome kit over from his vehicle. We see a f*cking great lump of timber laid onthe floor which turns out to be the solid wooden board for the crosses to beplaced, well done Ginge great bit of kit. There being no heavy liftingequipment available Phil and I bravely carry it over to the gate prior to itsfinal resting place. I did think he asked us to take it up the top of the Fan.Ginge then started to get his boots on and Bergen to tab up the Fan.
People started to descend the Fan and spotted saw Blackie Robbinsappear, well done mucker, we missed you at the car park. Now everyone is backand Smokey organises the placing of crosses for those who have gone but will neverbe forgotten.
Race back to the Rugby Club, beers and AGM, we stop off intown for a quick scoff in the Coracle Fish bar which we must of all used duringthe past. Polo turns up and Paul/Philgets him a room at the Lansdowne.
AGM on, votes in, allthose in favour, those against ( Bills). Meeting stopped for a comfortbreak/fag and re-charge the glasses. More things explained, next get togethersconfirmed, meeting finished..back on the lash ready for the nightsentertainment. Most people now have a warm glow on their faces from theFan/beer and more people are turning up.
Denzil and Kev Wilson arrive on their bikes, again peoplewho I have not seem for ages appear. Denzil found it difficult and a long time todecide whether to stay the night or go back home, true to form Denzil managedto make up his mind in a record two seconds...Hello Teresa, just got here willbe staying with me muckers tonight! Tommy was asked if any accommodation wasavailable and Smokey got him into the lines. Airborne Brothers at work again.