Leicester City signed him then
    welcomed to the foxes den.

At Leicester he really found his thing
    lively, speedy, abounding.
    Simply the best he became
    a man on top of his game.

Vardy news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... inite.html

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/new ... /473610418

Re: Jamie Vardy

From my home city, he played just around the corner from me owd gaff, "Stocksbridge Park Steels" then in the Unibond League.Done really well to work his way through the Leagues and up to top flight and England. His biggest drawback is that he supports Sheff Wendy, still I suppose everyone az their faults!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
      From my home city, he played just around the corner from me owd gaff, "Stocksbridge Park Steels" then in the Unibond League.Done really well to work his way through the Leagues and up to top flight and England. His biggest drawback is that he supports Sheff Wendy, still I suppose everyone az their faults!
      Nothing is perfect Dave

Comment

Especially the shite team I support John!

Comment

Especially the shite team I support John!
          which is?

Comment

The "BLADES" John, Sheff Utd. Aint won owt since the FA Cup in 1925, see me Avatar pic, but in Sheffield you are either one or the other, and never the twain shall meet.
            Been to Filbert St. a few times but not the new stadium. Last time wuz 90/91 when the Blades had to win to gain promotion to the old 1st Div, and we did in style, winning 5-2. Ironically on the same day, Sheff Wendy playing at home against Nottingham Forest, lost and got relegated from Div 1. A famous day in Sheffield football indeed, and the beer went down like nectar that night! Sadly, how times have changed!

Comment

The "BLADES" John, Sheff Utd. Aint won owt since the FA Cup in 1925, see me Avatar pic, but in Sheffield you are either one or the other, and never the twain shall meet.
              Been to Filbert St. a few times but not the new stadium. Last time wuz 90/91 when the Blades had to win to gain promotion to the old 1st Div, and we did in style, winning 5-2. Ironically on the same day, Sheff Wendy playing at home against Nottingham Forest, lost and got relegated from Div 1. A famous day in Sheffield football indeed, and the beer went down like nectar that night! Sadly, how times have changed!
              Is Cohen's scrapyard still at Tinsley-made few bob there at one time

Comment

Not 100% sure John, as since the sad demise of the Sheffield Steel industry, many have now gone or been taken over by foreign business. If I was still living in Sheffield I could be more certain, but now living on the North East Coast I have lost touch to a certain extent.

Comment

You need a Russian Oil Tycoon to buy the team mate.
                  "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                  Me

Comment

what do you think vardy is worth now Dave

Comment

Top strikers demand TOP money John, and now an England International ta boot, when they come sniffing which indeed they will inc to Foreign teams, I guess the sky,s the limit!

Comment

Top strikers demand TOP money John, and now an England International ta boot, when they come sniffing which indeed they will inc to Foreign teams, I guess the sky,s the limit!

my sons say 25 million quid

my sons say

Comment

Ronnie Allen would croak...........
                          Me

Comment

Meks thee wonder dunnit Tone, them brill players from our younger days, most part time Pros on no more than 20 quid a week with a win bonus thrown in. They,d look at most o this current lot and say, "How fukkin much is that useless kunt on?" They,re only kicking a fukkin beach ball while,st wearing sandals and falling over as tho thiv bin shot when they fracture an eye lash. Worra set o fukkin PUFFS!"

Comment

I have to admit the modern day antics have put me off. On and off the field. When did you ever hear of the likes of Ronnie Alan and Jimmy Greaves and Billy Wright done for rape ???

I watched it start the downward spiral with the Asa Hartford Bry Robson generation. Not that them two did any wrong but that was when the starry eyed adulation kicked in. I know. I watched from five feet away. My opinion anyway. It used to embarrass them sometimes. I know Bry Robson was sick to death of it. I watched him get a bit short with a bird one night in the Steering Wheel in West Brom and I had a little jibe at him over it. He more or less told me it was a pain in the arse. He could'nt go anywhere. He was about twenty two then.
                              Today they lap it up. Its become part of the game They have Public Relations experts to generate that stuff.
                              Last edited by trubrit2411; 26 April 2016, 17:49.
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X