Rod Brewerton 4Tp 9 PARA Sqn RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Brewerton 4Tp 9 PARA Sqn RE

For those of you that don't know, 4Tp was drawn from a non-airborne regiment to supplement the Sqn down South. These days the young Para Reg lads regard anyone not PR as hats, even if they've passed P Coy and BPC. I know for a fact that this misguided train of thought existed in 82. It's not their fault. All this divisive nonsense came about after the break up of the Independent Brigade.

The point of this post is that Rod Brewerton died recently and I saw these posts from AB people, including well know Para Reg, on FB.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________

33 years ago today Rod Brewerton was our Troop Sergeant in 4 Troop 9 Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers. He was at the font line clearing safe routes through mine fields while the rest of us were waiting to disembark from the RFA Sir Galahad. We were still on board when it was attacked and bombed by Argentine Sky Hawks. We suffered 2 killed Wayne Tarbard and Andy McIlvenney and 9 badly wounded. To say we were left in a state of shock would be an understatement. Rod with his incredible leadership and determination quickly got us back into an effective unit. He gave us the motivation and pride that at the time we had lost. A great leader, a great soldier, an incredible man and proud to say a great friend who sadly lost his fight with Cancer today June 8th. RIP Rod. Until we meet again. REspect

Lawrence Bland: "Rest in Peace Gallant Sapper"!

Paul Moore: The other day I was asked by a veteran (ex 4 Tp) what the 'badged' guys thought of them etc. I was with Charlie McColgan at the time, and we were both completely taken aback by the question in the first instance, and secondly both completely agreed that as far as we were concerned 4 Troop are our brothers the same as anyone else who served in the Falklands in 1982. Its not about badges. Its about Service and shared experience, and we are all Veterans together forever bound by that. My little rant over. Just wanted to get it off my chest. REspect to all.

Ron Webster: Absolutely Paul Moore.
    In our bar a short while back, 4 Veterans of 82 including myself 2 Para, Stevie Ba Scots Guards, Steve Gabbitas and Charlie McColgan 9 Sqn RE paying respects to a Veteran of 82 Rod Brewerton whilst ill in hospital!!!! After info from John Barrett 2 Para 82.

So sadly we now say R.I.P. Rod, 4 Tp, 9 Sqn RE, Class of 82.

Sadly never met you, but the Respect from those who knew you says enough!!!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Rod Brewerton 4Tp 9 PARA Sqn RE

RIP Rod
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

RIP brother
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

RIP Rod... Class of 82
        HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

R.I.P. Rod
          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

R.I.P. ROD.

Comment

R.I.P. Rod.

Comment

RIP
                2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

​RIP.

Comment

Rest in peace Rod - Class of 82
                    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

R.I.P. Rod.
                      "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

rest in peace rod.... love the hair and i bet he could dance as well
                        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Working...
                        X