Clear All

• The Fair. The Waltzers...

"If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: The Fair. The Waltzers...

Brill music,Brill memories!

Comment

"Poetry In Motion" ~ Johnny Tillotson (1960) Cadence Records #1384Flip side of, "Princess, Princess"Words & Music by: P. Kaufman & M. AnthonyThis is the tu...

Another one.

Close your eyes and listen Dave.
      You and your mates are fourteen years old. Its Friday night at nine o' clock and you are riding the Waltzers, or on the Bumping Cars....
      You have five bob from your paper round left and you don't have a fookin' care in the world.
      Except maybe can you knock that coconut off and impress that bird with the bouffoned hair, the tight skirt and the black fishnet stockings, White high heels and Love and Hate on her knuckles, wot you bin eying.

Roll up. Roll up. Three balls a tanner !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by trubrit2411; 6 November 2013, 01:42.
      Me

Comment

''Poetry in Motion'' - one of my favourites that !!

Comment

Tooder...., My big sister learned me to bop to stuff like that.
          When she was'nt knockin' the fook out of me.
          Me

Comment

"Poetry In Motion",what great memories that stirs,brylcream dip,drainpipe keks,brothel creepers on me plates o meat,black shirt with white string tie,fingertip coat with half moon pockets,thought we looked the dogs bollox! Me owd man dint agree though!
            Used to bop to the "B" side o that toon,a song titled "PRINCESS",just as good I thought,f.ckin ell! Rubber legs or what!

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              Tooder...., My big sister learned me to bop to stuff like that.
              When she was'nt knockin' the fook out of me.
              I remember the girls name - even to today - Delia (a Nurse) rabbits weren't in it mate

Comment

Kin ell Dave, you must have gone to the same clothes shop as me mate !
                Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                "Poetry In Motion",what great memories that stirs,brylcream dip,drainpipe keks,brothel creepers on me plates o meat,black shirt with white string tie,fingertip coat with half moon pockets,thought we looked the dogs bollox! Me owd man dint agree though!
                Used to bop to the "B" side o that toon,a song titled "PRINCESS",just as good I thought,f.ckin ell! Rubber legs or what!
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Dave....and me. My owd mon was busy cracking rock on Dartmoor so I only had me old mom to deal with.
                  I walks in from Burtons with me Fifteen Guinea Teddy Boy work of art, with, as you say Dave, a fingertip jacket,and the ol' Queen sez
                  "Let me see it then. Go and put it on'.
                  When I came down she attacked me. Like a wailing Banshee.
                  It was a really pale grey whistle and flute with a jacket right out of a Hammer Dracula Film.
                  She made me go and have six inches wacked off it. Or else. I was fifteen.
                  Lordknows what I looked like. The old drainpipes and thick crepe soles. It always had a common denominator though.
                  We had'nt a care in the world then.
                  Last edited by trubrit2411; 6 November 2013, 22:01.
                  Me

Comment

I don't really remember much before the Bay City Rollers.
                    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Comment

Talk about memory lane! There used to be a shop in town owned by a four bi two called "Windsors",stocked all the Teddy Boy gear and he made his fortune from that unforgettable era.
                        Years later when I was running the multi gym and Sauna area at a local sports centre,who should walk in but old man Windsor.He was well in his 80s,but recognising him I mentioned his old Teddy Boy emporium in town.His eyes lit up and was chuffed to bits to meet one of his old customers,and we chewed the fat about the old days.He,d certainly done well out of it,making his fortune,big f.ck off shack and travelling all over the world.Fancied himself as an expert on wine,and used to bring me a bottle of his favourite tipple every time he dropped in,which ofcourse I used to take home and give to the "trouble" along with a kiss as a gift.F.ckin Brownie points I used to get for that!
                        Thank f.ck that she dos,nt know the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                          I used to take home and give to the "trouble" along with a kiss as a gift.F.ckin Brownie points I used to get for that!
                          Thank f.ck that she dos,nt know the truth!
                          ......She will now
                          Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

......here you go Tood this one has Candy Floss and the Caterpillar and Waltzers all over it. Jimmy Jones.
                            It reminds me of our Youth Club. Or as we called it "The Shack"

This track was a UK No.1 for three weeks in 1960, it reached No.3 in the US. Jimmy Jones (b. 1937 Birmingham, Alabama) is still highly regarded as an influen...

Talk about all our yesterdays.
                            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                              ......here you go Tood this one has Candy Floss and the Caterpillar and Waltzers all over it. Jimmy Jones.
                              It reminds me of our Youth Club. Or as we called it "The Shack"

This track was a UK No.1 for three weeks in 1960, it reached No.3 in the US. Jimmy Jones (b. 1937 Birmingham, Alabama) is still highly regarded as an influen...

Talk about all our yesterdays.

You got that right Tone..Timing...how many of us f.ked that up ?

Try this one if you remember it (being as you're so young... )

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X