Mind to Ramble; Eddie Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind to Ramble; Eddie Walker

Eddie Walker's tribute to Mississippi John Hurt performed live at Louth Folk Club, Lincolnshire (26 Jun 12)

An old stalwart of British Folk clubs. I played the guitar in the video before he did. We were both getting guitars built by the same luthier in York, and his was ready just as I happened to check up on the progress of mine. He hadn't had time to see his finished guitar, but Ralph Bown, the esteemed luthier let me have a go on it. It's true what they say; simple things please simple minds.
    I should add that Eddie's playing and mine are poles apart!
    Last edited by treeman; 16 February 2013, 00:25.

Re: Mind to Ramble; Eddie Walker

Hey Treeman have a look at this guy on youtube, Wayne Henderson:Legendary musician and guitar maker,played and made guitars for the best,
    Jim
    Originally posted by treeman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGg4FY0wns

An old stalwart of British Folk clubs. I played the guitar in the video before he did. We were both getting guitars built by the same luthier in York, and his was ready just as I happened to check up on the progress of mine. He hadn't had time to see his finished guitar, but Ralph Bown, the esteemed luthier let me have a go on it. It's true what they say; simple things please simple minds.
    I should add that Eddie's playing and mine are poles apart!

Comment

Re: Mind to Ramble; Eddie Walker

Jim; thanks for the pointer. I've not seen bluegrass fingerpicked like that before. Like all the good players, he makes it look simple.

Comment

Working...
      X