PDA

View Full Version : Kanaka

HappyJack
20th November 2020, 13:58
Anyone know what happened to Him?

stephenfrank
20th November 2020, 16:48
Few names have disappeared over the years, John. Wonder what happened to your old mate, Tudar.

Don the Mod
20th November 2020, 18:26
Anyone know what happened to Him?
I called his No last year, he has dementia and most of the time doesn't know if it's Sheffield Wednesday or Good Friday, his daughter said he won't be back on the site. Only this week, I intended to call again, but i forgot.

Dave Burgess
20th November 2020, 19:30
Sad to hear.

HappyJack
20th November 2020, 20:54
Few names have disappeared over the years, John. Wonder what happened to your old mate, Tudar.
Not my mate Steve, not anymore, as even a few others fell foul of him on here.

Thanks for that info Don, and sad to hear.
He was a good ole stick, having something in common, besides Airborne we both worked in PNG.

bob9739
20th November 2020, 21:03
Sad indeed, he and I had a good night out in Dover a few years back. Just shows you, you don't know what the future holds so enjoy everyday !

HappyJack
20th November 2020, 21:06
Sad indeed, he and I had a good night out in Dover a few years back. Just shows you, you don't know what the future holds so enjoy everyday !
Exactly Bob, I call it a lump of 4x2, you walk against a wall expecting a bit of security then BAM your hit over the head with yet another illness .

bob9739
20th November 2020, 21:20
Yes you know the score John, you've had your share of crap chucked at you over the years mate. But hopefully that's on the change now.

stephenfrank
21st November 2020, 02:50
The one good thing about getting older is that you can use dementia as an excuse. Often nowadays the missus will say something like. 'did you take the rubbish out like I asked you' and I look all confused and say I can't remember her saying that so I better have a lie down and could she get me a beer.

Pat Harley
21st November 2020, 09:28
And does it work?

Forever Young
21st November 2020, 10:28
He can't remember

Dave Burgess
21st November 2020, 10:35
Deafness iz the perfect excuse I find cos when she says, "Did you hear what I said?" I reply wi summat like, "Wot did tha say tha wanted fer Chrimbo?" Then act mutt n Jeff when she replies, "For you to fukk off!"

bob9739
21st November 2020, 16:14
It's okay faking it, but it's when she makes you an appointment to see the quack. Ohhh, kin ell.

Dave Burgess
21st November 2020, 17:31
She knows I aint fakin it Bob, bin registered Mutt n Jeff since a got mi M O D payout. Strange thing is fer some reason a keep loysin mi earin aids!

bob9739
22nd November 2020, 19:14
Eleanor's got two Dave, the batteries don't seem to last five minutes, she phones up the hospital and they send them out by post, but she can put a new one in and it can be a dud. Maybe she's just unlucky.

Pat Harley
22nd November 2020, 19:26
The trouble with the batteries is that they work by exposure to the air. As soon as you take the little sticky lable off,air gets in through a teeny weeny pinhole to activate it,and even when you open the little tab on the hearing aid when it's not in your ear the battery will still run down,so their claim that they work for 'up to' 2 weeks is bollocks. I haven't used mine for some time now,and keep thinking I should try them again,maybe it would help with my ever louder tinnitus,but apart from helping with the tv they're a pain in the arse.

HappyJack
22nd November 2020, 20:41
The trouble with the batteries is that they work by exposure to the air. As soon as you take the little sticky lable off,air gets in through a teeny weeny pinhole to activate it,and even when you open the little tab on the hearing aid when it's not in your ear the battery will still run down,so their claim that they work for 'up to' 2 weeks is bollocks. I haven't used mine for some time now,and keep thinking I should try them again,maybe it would help with my ever louder tinnitus,but apart from helping with the tv

they're a pain in the arse.

Would make you fart much louder Pat

peter dearden
22nd November 2020, 21:22
It is sad about Tudor he was with the BAFC from the start

Pat Harley
22nd November 2020, 22:58
Yes Pete,but the point is he shouldn't have been!

HappyJack
22nd November 2020, 23:15
Yes Pete,but the point is he shouldn't have been!
Not sad at all. Itís sad that the big red bus turned out the way he did?