Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembrance Sunday...

...wreath laying.

In anticipation of restrictions to parades, the committee decided to provide wreathes to members around the country for laying at local memorials. If you want to place one, at a parade if possible, or individually whenever it's convenient, let me know and we'll organise one to be sent to you. Obviously we don't want duplications, so if the area is already covered we won't need to send a wreath.

Send your details to membership@bafc.org.uk

Name,
    Address,
    Where will it be placed?

Remember to take a photo.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Remembrance Sunday...

Cancelled up ere cos o the Covid bollox Don, but tha can gu down, social distance while lookin like a fukkin bank robber n lay a wreath if tha wants to. So gunna get mi best n medals on n lay a poppy at the local cenotaph. Least tha can do ta pay tribute to fallen Heroes.

Comment

I would do it here for the flats Don , but the numbers are limited. So it wouldn't even cover the cost of the wreath.
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Will stick to mi routine, with my cabbage head brother, 10.45 go to plaque for miners who fell in WW1, then to town memorial for 11am, we leave at about 11.10 go local cemetery (200 yards from war memorial) to mi dads (WW2) and both grand dads (WW1) graves and lay a poppy, then to memorial to local pit disaster (Pretoria pit, killed 340 men and lads including 2 uncles) and lay a poppy. We do not hang around the war memorial because they have an odd way of calling local businesses forward to lay a wreath, looks more like a commercial for the businesses that a tribute to the fallen). Will try to get a Para wreath from BAFC and lay it when they have mostly departed. Normally we then sink a couple of pints, but this year.....!

Comment

Don,t ferget Ron, thy art allowed ta remove thi mask befoor neckin thi ale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Cancelled up ere cos o the Covid bollox Don, but tha can gu down, social distance while lookin like a fukkin bank robber n lay a wreath if tha wants to. So gunna get mi best n medals on n lay a poppy at the local cenotaph. Least tha can do ta pay tribute to fallen Heroes.
            Why not lay a club wreathe then Dave, let me know and George will order you one.

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
            I would do it here for the flats Don , but the numbers are limited. So it wouldn't even cover the cost of the wreath.
            As above Bob, you could place it at the town cenotaph/memorial.

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
            Will stick to mi routine, with my cabbage head brother, 10.45 go to plaque for miners who fell in WW1, then to town memorial for 11am, we leave at about 11.10 go local cemetery (200 yards from war memorial) to mi dads (WW2) and both grand dads (WW1) graves and lay a poppy, then to memorial to local pit disaster (Pretoria pit, killed 340 men and lads including 2 uncles) and lay a poppy. We do not hang around the war memorial because they have an odd way of calling local businesses forward to lay a wreath, looks more like a commercial for the businesses that a tribute to the fallen). Will try to get a Para wreath from BAFC and lay it when they have mostly departed. Normally we then sink a couple of pints, but this year.....!
            Same again Richard, let me know if you want a wreath, good to piss off the cabbages mate.

I know i already have them, but we've had some that are different from those we hold, so need your addresses and where it will be laid gents. We're doing this precisely because many events are cancelled/restricted.

You can pm me or email georgepullin@hotmail.com subject wreath.
            Last edited by Don the Mod; 18 October 2020, 11:51.
            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

We are going ahead here in my village with a strong ex service throng and afterwards in our Community Centre for a well earnt pint (or two).
              Just put the poppies on 9 of the lamposts in either direction to the church to commemorate those we lost at head height to drivers as they go through the village 12" x 12", and hundreds of hand made poppies made and sprayed from the bottom of Coke bottles mounted on wire. Look real in the wind!!
              We will have a service inside for 30...........what a shame, a massive church not even a fifth full of people allowed but a very high ceiling so no chance of catching a virus as long as you don't put your tongue down all the ladies throats!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Gil; 18 October 2020, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                Why not lay a club wreathe then Dave, let me know and George will order you one.

As above Bob, you could place it at the town cenotaph/memorial.

Same again Richard, let me know if you want a wreath, good to piss off the cabbages mate.

I know i already have them, but we've had some that are different from those we hold, so need your addresses and where it will be laid gents. We're doing this precisely because many events are cancelled/restricted.

You can pm me or email georgepullin@hotmail.com subject wreath.
                Don, I'll check that out, as One of the Legion blokes who lives in our flats told me that the event had been cancelled this year, due to Covid 19, and I was asked to conduct a little remembrance service in the communal gardens of our flats .
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                X