PDA

View Full Version : Leave of absence

bob9739
14th May 2019, 20:42
Hi gents, sorry for my leave of absence, been to Snowdonia with the AEA. Great time ! Arrived back to find trouble at mill, my mother has accused her carerers of pinching money, so they have said because their reputation is at stake they will withdraw their services if it continues. This is nothing new she puts stuff down and can't remember where she's put it. I have convinced her that if she gives me power of attorney,I will deal with her finances without her having to hold cash in the home and losing it. So my attendance on site may be limited for a while, because of having to run up and down to Lowestoft to sort things out.

JohnC
15th May 2019, 00:05
Good luck with that Bob, rather you than me:sign:

billy meikle
15th May 2019, 00:55
good luck bob, my maw said the same thing about her carer, and guess what she was right. my brother left 20 quid in four old scottish fivers in the tea caddie. set up a nannie cam and caught her red handed not once but twice.good luck mate yer on a hard road now. give yer maw a kiss for me wish i had mine to give a kiss.

stephenfrank
15th May 2019, 06:30
Best wishes, Bob.

taff
15th May 2019, 08:48
Best of luck Bob, where in North Wales did you stay?.

jackw102
15th May 2019, 09:26
Best of luck Bob

Forever Young
15th May 2019, 09:36
good luck with that Bob, not an easy task

standinthedoor
15th May 2019, 19:12
Dealt with loads of that stuff Bob, never easy to deal with. If you are happy that the carers are not stealing stuff, and if they are professional carers they should not be talking about 'withdrawing care' but they should be aware that old folk do often get confused and both you and they accept the situation. A few weeks down the line you can carry out your own discreet checks to see if money is going missing, if it does, get them in court.

Dave Burgess
15th May 2019, 19:49
Power Of Attorney the way to go if pos Bob, I sorted it when my dear owd Mum was in a similar situation. Good luck with the delicate situation you find yourself in cos I know from experience it aint easy.:sign:

Taff Loxton
15th May 2019, 23:23
Good luck Bob.

trubrit2411
16th May 2019, 00:02
Tread softly with a Big Stick Bob. Keep them peeled because....she may just be right. Hope I am wrong.

HappyJack
16th May 2019, 12:07
All the best Bob.

bob9739
16th May 2019, 20:28
Cheers lads, I appreciate that .
Nigel, we were not far from you mate, we had accommodation in the Indefatigable training centre near the village with the big long name .

taff
16th May 2019, 21:26
Nice place Bob :wales: hope you liked it on the Isle.

KevinMoran
17th May 2019, 07:06
Cheers lads, I appreciate that .
Nigel, we were not far from you mate, we had accommodation in the Indefatigable training centre near the village with the big long name .
Indefatigable is a long name -the village had a longer one?

taff
17th May 2019, 09:48
Indefatigable is a long name -the village had a longer one?
Llanfair*pwllgwyngyll*gogery*chwyrn*drobwll*llan*t ysilio*gogo*goch

trubrit2411
17th May 2019, 13:52
Only the Taffs would come up with that :excitement:

Don the Mod
17th May 2019, 14:54
Only the Taffs would come up with that :excitement:

They do this too Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz6wHf5NAco

standinthedoor
20th May 2019, 01:24

F**k me with a dead rat, what size of envelopes do they have down there when the write to someone in that village, the address must wrap around the back of the envelope FFS

taff
20th May 2019, 08:58
F**k me with a dead rat, what size of envelopes do they have down there when the write to someone in that village, the address must wrap around the back of the envelope FFS
For short Llanfair PG.

Kit Karson
20th May 2019, 09:45
If you put on the envelope.. that welsh gaff.with the very long name ending in gogo goch...shud do it.. I spent 6 weeks as a casual postie back when they rode bikes so I know what Im talking about..

bob9739
22nd May 2019, 22:21

Cheers for that Nigel, I could never pronounce it mate ! :welcoming:

Kit Karson
23rd May 2019, 16:32
Bet you still cant pronounce it bob... spell it? Yes taff has led the way:free:

taff
23rd May 2019, 20:57
Bet you still cant pronounce it bob... spell it? Yes taff has led the way:free:
https://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantys iliogogogoch.co.uk/say.php or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSotifsGKA :wales:

bob9739
23rd May 2019, 22:21
Rubber dicked again ! Before going up to Lowestoft. I phoned up the Lowestoft Doctors Surgery, to see if my mothers GP could sign the Power of Attorney form in regards to being a certified professional .I was told by the reception staff that he would do this no problem. On arriving they said, leave it with us and we will post it back to you when it's been signed as the doctor may have to assess your mother. No problem with that, then this morning I get a phone call saying Doctor won't sign your form because she's been referred to the memory team, you will have to get them to sign it ! I thought that these people looked after the welfare of vulnerable people, not put obstacles in the way of those trying to assist them. Again unforgivable I lost my temper, and told them to return the form to me by post as I wasn't prepared to travel 200 miles to be rubber dicked again by the Memory Team, saying its not down to us it's her GPs job. So the saga continues !