PDA

View Full Version : I just drove a thousand mile for breakfast

trubrit2411
26th February 2019, 02:09
Took a bimble up to Bills house for a full English or two. Eight hours there Eight hours back... Wuth it though. 508 miles door to door :smug: Unbelievable rations. Bill lives in his own personal gourmet restaurant. I gained a stone. :rolleyes:

stephenfrank
26th February 2019, 11:04
No wonder you enjoyed it, tone. You must have been fxcking starving by the time you got there.

Forever Young
26th February 2019, 12:27
Pity there is nowhere nearer for a breakie

Gil
26th February 2019, 14:51
What Coventry BillS, guest house, he makes me and Taff Loxton sleep on the floor when we go lol

Pat Harley
26th February 2019, 16:30
It's easier to mop up the piss from the floor than dry the mattress!:Sword:

Gil
26th February 2019, 16:48
Smokey had the spare mattress, we are tough and used to sleeping rough, especially after 10 pints of Guinness................happy days

billy meikle
26th February 2019, 18:09
always welcome tone, heavy rain right now. making chicken tortilla soup now,fire lit Mac is sleeping had to turn the volume up on the TV due to his snoring. i had a look at steves dads letters unreal mate i will try to scan them and then e-mail them to you they should be in a jewish museum.

trubrit2411
26th February 2019, 20:41
always welcome tone, heavy rain right now. making chicken tortilla soup now,fire lit Mac is sleeping had to turn the volume up on the TV due to his snoring. i had a look at steves dads letters unreal mate i will try to scan them and then e-mail them to you they should be in a jewish museum.

I might drive back up just to see those photos and letters. The Holocaust Museum would give their right arms for a gander and copies. They would be up on the wall so fast. They are always searching for unpublished first account evidence to shove down the Denier Liars throats.....

Don the Mod
26th February 2019, 21:24
What Coventry BillS, guest house, he makes me and Taff Loxton sleep on the floor when we go lol

I slept in his recliner.

Gil
27th February 2019, 09:46
Didn't realise there were so many BillS on the site :welcoming:

trubrit2411
27th February 2019, 12:38
Didn't realise there were so many BillS on the site :welcoming:

I was at the Bill M 5 star ***** digs. San Fran :cool:

Pat Harley
27th February 2019, 14:22
Hope you wore some flowers in your hair?:welcoming:

Gil
27th February 2019, 15:51
:stupid: gotcha nowhere near Coventry then lol

trubrit2411
28th February 2019, 13:55
No Gil ....Coventry would have been a doddle for me. I only lived 14 miles as the crow flies from Bill S 's pad.

Bill M's is a tad farther:smug:

This was me favourite haunt in Coventry. Macbeth and what not. Hubble bubble toil and trouble.

http://www.belgrade.co.uk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpfSBRgOwwI&feature=youtu.be

bob9739
3rd March 2019, 14:37
Hope Billy didn't burn the toast Tone ! That would have been disa pointing mate. :welcoming:

trubrit2411
3rd March 2019, 15:01
Hope Billy didn't burn the toast Tone ! That would have been disapointing mate. :welcoming:

Bills toast looks like a fresh crusty doorstep Bob. Tons of butter. If I lived by him I would be fifteen stone. :rugby:

billy meikle
3rd March 2019, 22:28
Bills toast looks like a fresh crusty doorstep Bob. Tons of butter. If I lived by him I would be fifteen stone. :rugby:

always welcome tone. i was talking to davy t and i mentioned it is time for him to get up here and you as his co-pilot so well see what happens.

Don the Mod
4th March 2019, 18:50
Hope Billy didn't burn the toast Tone ! That would have been disa pointing mate.
That's the only way to eat toast, anything else is just warm bread.

Bills toast looks like a fresh crusty doorstep Bob. Tons of butter. If I lived by him I would be fifteen stone.
Wish I was 15 stone.

trubrit2411
6th March 2019, 02:03
That's the only way to eat toast, anything else is just warm bread.

Wish I was 15 stone.

Yeah Don ... but I ain't no Glaswegian Gaelic Barbarian giant mate.... I am a Dwarf from the Midlands. :excitement:

Pat Harley
11th March 2019, 16:20
There were several Brits on Longdon,and in Stanley,in '82.I remember a ginger haired cockney one,whose parents had taken him home when they returned to Argentina after 40 yrs in London.We were given a bollocking by the platoon commander for fraternizing,when he came in to find us feeding him beer in the kitchen when he was on a work detail.We had to point out to the wanker that he was probably more English than us,and was no longer an enemy!:rolleyes:

trubrit2411
11th March 2019, 16:46
I would have been down that Mountain and AWOL to you blokes as soon as it got dark. With that accent he could have got away with it. Talk about torn between two worlds.

bob9739
11th March 2019, 18:26
Blame the junta, poor bugger was probably conscripted into a service he didn't want !

Pat Harley
11th March 2019, 19:09
There were loads in the Turkish Army in Cyprus as well.They had all been conscripted the same way as the Argentines,to get citizenship after parents returning.They were mostly posted to,I think it was called Famou Gate,or something like it,a main crossing point,as translators.

KevinMoran
12th March 2019, 05:47
Help me out chaps, what exactly does the Turkish Army in Cyprus, the blame on the Junta or the original ethnicity of Argie troops on the Falkland Islands have to do with “Driving 1000 miles for breakfast?”

Forever Young
12th March 2019, 08:15
Well it's obvious Kevin or has the African sun got to you

Pat Harley
12th March 2019, 11:06
Somehow my post jumped from Tone's post in the chatroom or pictures about English speaking natives in Argentina,and it's carried on from there Kev.The mysteries of T'internet!:confused:

stephenfrank
12th March 2019, 11:27
Somehow my post jumped from Tone's post in the chatroom or pictures about English speaking natives in Argentina,and it's carried on from there Kev.The mysteries of T'internet!:confused: well, it's easy to blame the internet. could it be early onset dementia?

Forever Young
12th March 2019, 12:18
or the Pidgeon English Kev has to speak over there

Don the Mod
12th March 2019, 18:31
Help me out chaps, what exactly does the Turkish Army in Cyprus, the blame on the Junta or the original ethnicity of Argie troops on the Falkland Islands have to do with “Driving 1000 miles for breakfast?”

The breakfast was huevos rancheros, so it's a natural progression Kevin.

KevinMoran
13th March 2019, 05:51
Somehow my post jumped from Tone's post in the chatroom or pictures about English speaking natives in Argentina,and it's carried on from there Kev.The mysteries of T'internet!:confused:

Pat - that has a similar sounding explanation to one I receive from a crow (soon to be ex-crow) in depot, it went something like “honestly corporal, I did not pull the trigger, it just went off.......”

Pat Harley
13th March 2019, 11:31
Honest Injun,that's what happened Corporal Kev!If I was supremely clever like Don I'd've moved it to the right thread,but I is too stoopid to do fings like that! I don't think anyone else realised till you pointed it out,(or they were just being sympathetic towards my senility,and computer choddery!):stupid:

Forever Young
13th March 2019, 12:17
Honest Injun,that's what happened Corporal Kev!If I was supremely clever like Don I'd've moved it to the right thread,but I is too stoopid to do fings like that! I don't think anyone else realised till you pointed it out,(or they were just being sympathetic towards my senility,and computer choddery!):stupid:

Being ex 3 all this white mans magic is a little beyond you:Sword:

Pat Harley
13th March 2019, 14:21
A very racist remark,which a millenial snowflake would take professional offence to,but I just accept it as constructive criticism.I have enough difficulty just getting on here,and posting the odd picture,which usually takes about 6 attempts and 3 hours,no matter how many times I do it.Don has tried instructing me in computery matters several times,but it just won't stay in there,so I have come to accept I'll never be the Stephen Hawking of this site,and am happier for it!:stupid:

bob9739
13th March 2019, 15:50
:welcoming::welcoming::welcoming::welcoming: Join the club Pat, that makes two of us. And whoever else is truthful enough to admit it !

trubrit2411
13th March 2019, 23:16
Pat - that has a similar sounding explanation to one I receive from a crow (soon to be ex-crow) in depot, it went something like “honestly corporal, I did not pull the trigger, it just went off.......”

Every Depot Platoon had one. 320 had Pvt Bird from Bradford....never forget him. On the SMG Range he had his working parts jammed halfway. Full mag.... finger on the trigger and held at the level and turning round and round in circles bleating

"Corporal ....'ere Corpral....Meeeee goon's stopped'. Round and round and round.:eek-new: Everybody hit the deck grovelling.. . 2Para Smokey Lloyd ran around in a half circle and leapt on his back. One hand on his shoulder and the other over his head (he was 6 ft 2in) and grabbed the barrel yanking it skyward. ...................................GONER....that day. Two of them from Bradford. His mate jacked days later and was posted to a County Reg.

trubrit2411
13th March 2019, 23:22
:welcoming::welcoming::welcoming::welcoming: Join the club Pat, that makes two of us. And whoever else is truthful enough to admit it !

Do not feel alone gentleman. I am the same.. I could play hangman on me first 'puter but after that....I can't up load / down load anything. I have only just been dragged into the world of texting. Thick as pig shit on a computer:stupid:

Dave Burgess
14th March 2019, 10:20
I don,t have a mobile, house dog n bone or compooter now. Smashed the fukkers ta smithereens after big fukk off argument wi the "Trouble". Much harder fer er ta gerrin touch wi plod. Fukkin tactics lads!:smug: Musta worked cos she now lets mi use er laptop but don,t know er password so av ta ask nicely fer er ta log me on. Best fukkin behaviour or wot!:bills:

Forever Young
14th March 2019, 10:27
Have you lost the plot Dave?