18th March 2017, 02:18
Been away far too long. Thanks Don

Old username JMW

Forever Young
18th March 2017, 03:05
Welcome Billy

Billy Sing
18th March 2017, 06:20
Cheers mucka, hows SA? I hope you are not getting smashed by the storms that we are experiencing up in the Northern Rivers?

Jason

Forever Young
18th March 2017, 07:57
Hot at the moment in Adelaide Jason 34 degrees today and high 20's all next week glorious autumn weather....even though you need rain over there wild storms are not good, keep your head down mate.

Hey I just looked up Billy Sing quite a soldier and one helluva sniper.....

taff
18th March 2017, 12:22
welcome Billy.

Billy Sing
18th March 2017, 21:46
Hero at Gallipoli, wounded several times on the Western Front, died a pauper in Brisbane.

billy meikle
19th March 2017, 00:05
welcome back jason still working abroad?:billy:

KevinMoran
19th March 2017, 00:09
Welcome back Jason

Billy Sing
19th March 2017, 03:41
Yes mate, i'm in Indonesia on a gold mine now. Still have land just outside Maclean:sheep:

Taff Loxton
19th March 2017, 14:35
Welcome back !

trubrit2411
19th March 2017, 22:36
Welcome back.

Dave Burgess
20th March 2017, 13:10
WELCOME!:very_drunk:

Kit Karson
20th March 2017, 15:09
Why anyone would be glad to be back in this madhouse is quite beyond me... Welcome backDrink2

Billy Sing
20th March 2017, 21:44
Morning Dave, hows sunny dee da land? am I missing much?

billy meikle
21st March 2017, 00:23
Yes mate, i'm in Indonesia on a gold mine now. Still have land just outside Maclean:sheep: lombok or west irian or maybe ye cannie say...i would go back to borneo {kalimantan} if the project was right.anyway stay well and keep taking yer malaria course aw the best lad:billy:

Billy Sing
21st March 2017, 02:23
No worries mate, I'm on Halmahera, North Maluku Province.

billy meikle
21st March 2017, 19:32
No worries mate, I'm on Halmahera, North Maluku Province.

do you speak bahasa yet?

standinthedoor
21st March 2017, 23:49
Hello Jason, may have patted you on the back at some time in the door of a Herc, not been on this site long me-self, its a home for the bewildered. Wig

Pat Harley
22nd March 2017, 08:15
Oo you calling bewidered?:Sword:...........In fact oo am I,if you can clear that up it'll be fine!:stupid:

Billy Sing
22nd March 2017, 08:38
Saya berbicara Billy sedikit, bagaimana bahasa Anda?

billy meikle
22nd March 2017, 17:04
Saya berbicara Billy sedikit, bagaimana bahasa Anda?

bagus pak selamat hari ini, anchor and bintang beir. bagus kerja bagus rupiahs bagus nona manis :rugby:

Billy Sing
22nd March 2017, 22:12
Standinthedoor, If you did pat my back, I thank you. Some gentle persuasion is needed every now and then................especially when you have every piece of kit Her Majesty issued you hanging from your hooks/dogs dick :flag2: i wouldn't have had it any other way.

Billy Sing
22nd March 2017, 22:14
Terima Kasih Pak

billy meikle
23rd March 2017, 17:08
Terima Kasih Pak
kambali pak, got any photos of the site? i was the general building superintendent for JKA at the kaltim prima coal project at sangatta baru east kalimantan. loved it aye :billy:

standinthedoor
26th March 2017, 15:17
Standinthedoor, If you did pat my back, I thank you. Some gentle persuasion is needed every now and then................especially when you have every piece of kit Her Majesty issued you hanging from your hooks/dogs dick :flag2: i wouldn't have had it any other way.

Hello Jason, wish I had a quid for every bloke who, when I did a final equipment check before opening the doors, said 'give me a shove out please'. Knew exactly where they were at, had done the MMG loads with 1 para on mega exercises and some days you just did not feel like it. My stock answer was 'you get to the door and we will work it out then'. Rarely got a real hesitation but gave a lift if necessary, like us in our day, just glad to get out of the f***ing door and get the weight off your legs and shoulders. Best wishes Wig

Billy Sing
26th March 2017, 23:03
I hear you mucker, and I'm sure everyone here can attest to that struggle of 'fitting equipment' and then waiting while the pilot decides to find turbulence, or practices loop the loop whilst singing ' those magnificent men in their flying machines.
On another note, between Iraq 2003 and when I left (Oct 2004) I took over 1 Para Snipers, the regulation jump weight (health & safety kicked in big style) was becoming an issue due to our role. We could never shed enough kit to get down to what was deemed acceptable. In the end, we were quietly left alone to squeeze in extra water, optics (the viewing kind), OP kit, batteries, ammo (for 3 personal weapons) etc. It just shows you how much a human can endure, in a cramped aircraft waiting for the green light, and still carry out his job on the ground afterwards....thats what sets us apart.

standinthedoor
27th March 2017, 10:21
I hear you mucker, and I'm sure everyone here can attest to that struggle of 'fitting equipment' and then waiting while the pilot decides to find turbulence, or practices loop the loop whilst singing ' those magnificent men in their flying machines.
On another note, between Iraq 2003 and when I left (Oct 2004) I took over 1 Para Snipers, the regulation jump weight (health & safety kicked in big style) was becoming an issue due to our role. We could never shed enough kit to get down to what was deemed acceptable. In the end, we were quietly left alone to squeeze in extra water, optics (the viewing kind), OP kit, batteries, ammo (for 3 personal weapons) etc. It just shows you how much a human can endure, in a cramped aircraft waiting for the green light, and still carry out his job on the ground afterwards....thats what sets us apart.

Agree with every word Jason, your last sentence about that experience 'setting us apart' is one that the current bunch of hats in MoD are not understanding. They are doing their best to stop parachute training for the Parachute Regiment (bizarre!) on the basis that it will never be needed, the point they are missing there is that no one can predict how you may need to 'get there' in a war, and more importantly the act of parachuting and going through the pressure of kitting up, flying,jumping with full loads then tabbing and fighting does and has developed a breed apart. a hat would never recognise that. I did the sniper course in the mid 50's at Netheravon (I think! or Warminster) and I have compared the stuff we carried (.303 with scope, bino's, cam cream and some hessian strips, map,compass etc) with what they carry today-astonishing! Take care. Wig

Dave Burgess
28th March 2017, 13:10
Morning Dave, hows sunny dee da land? am I missing much?

Bit slow on the uptake, just got thee message. I live up ere in Seaham County Durham these days cos "Trouble" got hoo-am sick after 40 years in dee daa land, or cudda bin me she got sick of. Anyway, she can,t get rid o me that easily! Big problem is that she az ta translate wot the natives are saying ta me n also wot I,m saying ta them. Strange that they don,t understand, "Ahhh da guin mate o dy oreight?":stupid:

Billy Sing
28th March 2017, 22:45
am goin orate mucka.
My sister laughs at my accent now when I catch up on Skype,it 'apparently' has some Ozzy twang now :shocked2: anyway, I will regain the South Yorkshire dialect when I get back t' coil village of Maltby

Don the Mod
29th March 2017, 09:32
Jace, we have another member from Maltby, Mike Smith, ex 1PARA. Do you know him?

Dave Burgess
29th March 2017, 13:16
am goin orate mucka.
My sister laughs at my accent now when I catch up on Skype,it 'apparently' has some Ozzy twang now :shocked2: anyway, I will regain the South Yorkshire dialect when I get back t' coil village of Maltby

Kin ell! Maltby! Once went in that big battlecruiser on the cross roads at the traffic lights, forget the name. Some rum fukkers in theer, n last time I went thru I got stopped by a load o Rotherham United fans who had buckets collecting for the club when they had bin lobbed outa Millmoor and had to play their games at the Don Valley Stadium down the road in Shiny Sheff. Ofcourse fearing fer me life, I gave generously!
Pity cos I used to love Millmoor when the Blades ever played there, big local Derby, n we used to get the train from Heeley station ta the ground in Toytown, some great banter with the Toy Towners.
Did thy ever go into the "Grapes" battlecruiser at Dalton? Fukkin ell! If tha dint give some scruffy little kunt standing in the car park a sky diver, when tha came out no fukkin wheels on thee motor. Some rum fukkers in Toytown. Like all our yesterdays this innit? Home on leave in the 60s, I went ta see Jayne Mansfield at the owd Greasborough Club not long after, she was killed in a car smash. The memory of her tits still haunts me to this day!:eek-new:

Billy Sing
29th March 2017, 23:03
Yes Don, I know Mick and his family well. I'm trying to get Mick active on t'interweb through his young brother, Glynn (we are old school friends). Mick is a really funny and loyal family guy, we had a few bevvies in the Don Jon pub, thrown some names around, pulled up a few sand bags and swung a few old pit lanterns. There was a third cog in the wheel, and that was my cousin Keith 'Gus' Walker who was also in 1 Para same time as Mick 'Albert' Smith.

Billy Sing
30th March 2017, 00:47
That pub on the X-Roads is the Queens Hotel. For those that ventured to Maltby in 84-85 during the miners strike, the X-Roads was the epicenter of the riots.The pub is still going strong and is now under Wetherspoons. The main man in there for years was Blue, an Hells Angel who could fight hard, but was the first bloke to help you out if you needed help.

stephenfrank
30th March 2017, 02:49
Kin ell! Maltby! Once went in that big battlecruiser on the cross roads at the traffic lights, forget the name. Some rum fukkers in theer, n last time I went thru I got stopped by a load o Rotherham United fans who had buckets collecting for the club when they had bin lobbed outa Millmoor and had to play their games at the Don Valley Stadium down the road in Shiny Sheff. Ofcourse fearing fer me life, I gave generously!
Pity cos I used to love Millmoor when the Blades ever played there, big local Derby, n we used to get the train from Heeley station ta the ground in Toytown, some great banter with the Toy Towners.
Did thy ever go into the "Grapes" battlecruiser at Dalton? Fukkin ell! If tha dint give some scruffy little kunt standing in the car park a sky diver, when tha came out no fukkin wheels on thee motor. Some rum fukkers in Toytown. Like all our yesterdays this innit? Home on leave in the 60s, I went ta see Jayne Mansfield at the owd Greasborough Club not long after, she was killed in a car smash. The memory of her tits still haunts me to this day!:eek-new: she lost her head over you as well Dave.

Dave Burgess
31st March 2017, 10:27
Cudda done wi er gein mi sum head Steve! Full as a butchers dog back in them days!:stupid:

HappyJack
24th May 2017, 17:38
Just noticed you here Jay, and didn't realise it was you as Billy Sing, even though were friends on FB. Silly me lol.
You remember me on here as HappyJack, and some things way back when on the other site ....going back to 2005
when some came forward with help in hard times, never forgotten... :) Welcome back Jay.

bob9739
25th May 2017, 20:53
Pleased to meet you mate !

peter dearden
25th May 2017, 21:09
Yes me to

stephenfrank
26th May 2017, 05:06
and not to mention me.

Taff Loxton
26th May 2017, 11:27
I didn't mention you Stephen !!

stephenfrank
26th May 2017, 11:34
I didn't mention you Stephen !! thanks Taff. I thought someone might inadvertently mention me, so that's why I said, not to mention me.

Taff Loxton
29th May 2017, 11:21
Who said that ??

Billy Sing
8th June 2017, 02:17
Just noticed you here Jay, and didn't realise it was you as Billy Sing, even though were friends on FB. Silly me lol.
You remember me on here as HappyJack, and some things way back when on the other site ....going back to 2005
when some came forward with help in hard times, never forgotten... http://www.bafc.org.uk/forums/images/smilies/smile.png Welcome back Jay.

John, good morning, I do remember you mate, I trust you are well?

HappyJack
12th June 2017, 11:52
Yes thanks Jay, apart from the para ailments and this damn COPD, but I enjoyed smoking all the years up until 5 years ago.
But I count myself lucky as I worked for Bestobell in Bankstown (Sydney) for approx 6 months.
So fingers crossed no asbestosis at this time. :)
So your still in Auss and not the sand bowl?

Billy Sing
14th June 2017, 00:44
John,

Sorry to hear about the COPD. Was that Bestobell Steam where you worked in Bankstown? I still live in Oz mate, married with three kids now. I left the pit in 2010 and picked up a good job in the Highlands of PNG. After 4+ years in that jungle, I decided to move to Indonesia to work on a Gold Mine surrounded by jungle...happy days.

HappyJack
9th July 2017, 18:34
John,
Sorry to hear about the COPD. Was that Bestobell Steam where you worked in Bankstown? I still live in Oz mate, married with three kids now. I left the pit in 2010 and picked up a good job in the Highlands of PNG. After 4+ years in that jungle, I decided to move to Indonesia to work on a Gold Mine surrounded by jungle...happy days.
Hi Jay, not sure if it was B/Steam but at the time it was Bestobell. Was a Storekeeper for them, and had to learn all the tech stuff with Rulon and Teflon P Rulon and Teflon PTFE.
Got fed up with that and then went up to Bougainville Island, until enough money was made to get back here, just before all the troubles started over there.
Now the nearest to any jungles for me is holidays'. :) Was thinking of Indo but not sure what the Religious climate is, as there has been some nightmare stories from that area of late?
I'll probably end up in some coconut Island off Malaya. :)

billy meikle
9th July 2017, 19:02
john when were you you in bouganville?

HappyJack
10th July 2017, 14:14
john when were you you in bouganville?
Billy, I found the first of my employment cards, and was there for 2 weeks before they knew.
Then I was given a job in security, after they realised my background. :)
With the tan I had, I could have passed as a local lol.
took sig off.

billy meikle
31st October 2017, 17:30
Billy, I found the first of my employment cards, and was there for 2 weeks before they knew.
Then I was given a job in security, after they realised my background. :)
With the tan I had, I could have passed as a local lol.
took sig off.

hi john i worked in borneo kalimantan with a few ex bougainville guys one guy in particular was a good mate jim chaplin he was a logistics guy in borneo JKA mine site.

Billy Sing
9th December 2017, 14:41
kambali pak, got any photos of the site? i was the general building superintendent for JKA at the kaltim prima coal project at sangatta baru east kalimantan. loved it aye :billy:

Another Gold Mine, another jungle, this time in Cote d'Ivoire
Illegal miners in an open pit

Dave Burgess
9th December 2017, 20:53
Any chance o using a metal detector theer Jay?:stupid:

billy meikle
9th December 2017, 21:34
Another Gold Mine, another jungle, this time in Cote d'Ivoire
Illegal miners in an open pit

10165 looking good jay

Billy Sing
6th January 2018, 23:23
Now back in Indonesia, and the IMs have been busy over Xmas102311023210233

trubrit2411
7th January 2018, 19:38
They must have a death wish mate to go in there. They ever get cave ins ?

billy meikle
7th January 2018, 19:44
Now back in Indonesia, and the IMs have been busy over Xmas102311023210233 death traps jay.

billy meikle
7th January 2018, 19:47
tone Asia would not be the industrial behemoth if OSHA was active there. life is cheap and people are desperate. hope you enjoyed R&R back home.

Billy Sing
15th January 2018, 06:13
They must have a death wish mate to go in there. They ever get cave ins ?

We had one individual trapped for 8 days in 2016 in one of our UG mines. With regards to the Penambang Liar (Illegal miner), they probably do, but its not something we get to hear about too often.

JMW
5th July 2019, 08:02
Goodbye Indonesia, hello PNG....again. Now in the jungles of the Gulf Province. No roads in/out, its the river or helo......happy days. Bring on the Huli:welcoming:

Don the Mod
5th July 2019, 16:12
Hi Jase, who's that on your right mate?

JMW
6th July 2019, 22:54
Morning mate. Its a village Chief who assisted us in moving through many disputed clan boundaries during the PNG LNG Project, we got good bang for our buck with this guy.

JMW
8th July 2019, 08:40
Don, my apologies, I thought you meant the profile pic with the Huli Chief. On the helo pic, the guy to my right is a former 45 CDO and SFSG guy. Hes a very cool operator and I've worked with him since 2011.

bob9739
9th July 2019, 22:18
Bit slow on the uptake, just got thee message. I live up ere in Seaham County Durham these days cos "Trouble" got hoo-am sick after 40 years in dee daa land, or cudda bin me she got sick of. Anyway, she can,t get rid o me that easily! Big problem is that she az ta translate wot the natives are saying ta me n also wot I,m saying ta them. Strange that they don,t understand, "Ahhh da guin mate o dy oreight?":stupid:

Dave, there's a book published called, Larn Yasel Geordie. If I spot it I'll send it to you !

Don the Mod
9th July 2019, 22:55
Don, my apologies, I thought you meant the profile pic with the Huli Chief. On the helo pic, the guy to my right is a former 45 CDO and SFSG guy. Hes a very cool operator and I've worked with him since 2011.
Jase I was taking the piss mate, I was referring to the profile pic.

JMW
12th July 2019, 08:38
Tidak Masala mate, i'm sure Chief Matiabe is still kicking about up in the Highlands. Not sure if I'll venture up there on this job, but if I do, Ill be sure to inform him he is being drooled over by Airborne Warriors