Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fine body of men..

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
    That wasn't a black bear Steve, it was Rick Mogg. Pressed the wrong button on the likes and dislike thingy, now I know Im getting old !
    it's too late Bob, the psychological damage has been done. I'm very upset.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Thank feck for that, I didn't want to hurt you !
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
        We were somewhere near Calgary. Can't recall the flies but remember we were issued live rounds on the exercise in case of grizzly bear attacks. Only saw one in the distance.

edmonton is the place steve home of the canadian abn then now gone only a small unit of SF lads in the abn role although PPCLI have a ABN unit. we also had live rounds, we went on a map reading ex, at that time we dug in and built the so called hides,yeah right left our rations in bergans in the hide came back and the black bears had raided the hides and ate or destroyed some food. we kicked of the tour at base gagetown in new brunswick. hope to visit the area again sometime.C COY LINES PETERSVILLE CAMP OROMOCTO CANADA 1970.jpgCANADA EX POND JUMP EAST 1970.jpgcanada loading the bergan pre-exercise pond jump east 1970.jpgCANADA 1970 GEORGIOU AND BRAD 1970.jpga couple of pics from in and around OROMOCTO.
        Last edited by billy meikle; 24 May 2017, 18:47.
        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Thanks Bill the last picture was of interest a friend served with him and to this day said he was a nutter
          Attached Files

Comment

Billy, thought the bod in that last pic was familiar. Do you remember Jon (Jock) Hansard, he told me GC was totally bonkers. On the way to the Roundabout club one night he disappeared and turned up later in the club. There was a table full of WRAC and pulled a dead moggy from inside his jacket and lobbed into the middle of their table. They went nuts.
            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

i worked with cg he was a good friend of mine i must admit he did not like cats or dogs, he dispatched quite a few in the murph and whiterock area.. the photo of him as a merc holding a M1 carbine not M2 fuuckingg media.

Comment

I have a method of dispatching moggie so with half bricks, but throwing them in the middle of a table full of WRACS does tend to make life interesting. Must remember that for the future!
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Just adding ta the pussy count I reckon!

Comment

Using my technology I found this clip which only a few people have seen.
                    7 Para RHA last parade at Aldershot 2003

Comment

Jack; are you sure that wasn't 2005 or 2006? I was at the last do they had in Lille Barracks before going to Colchester, and that was after 2003.

I couldn't make out most of the conversation but I caught the reference to Angola. I knew Pete M in Hereford and recently at a funeral of an ex 7RHA lad in Darlington, I met a lad who was on that trip. He was ex 216 Para Sigs but I can't remember his name. He also ended up in C Squadron with Pete.
                      Last edited by treeman; 26 May 2017, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                        Thanks Bill the last picture was of interest a friend served with him and to this day said he was a nutter
                        'Callan' as he called himself (colonel no less) was a f***ing idiot 1st class. I had him on his para course at Abingdon and he pulled a knife on one of his platoon during the Sally army break. I sent him packing back to PCAU but the Major in charge asked that he be kept on his course and they would 'deal with him'. Next I heard he was out doing mercenary shit in Angola (or Congo?) and had executed a number of his own blokes because they were apparently not happy with his leadership or the kit they had o do the job and wanted out. They were captured by the army and put on trial, sentenced to be shot. i knew a number of the lads who went out to fight with them not least Brummy Barker who was a drinking mate along with Mick Lee and others. Apparently after the firing squad Brummy was still alive and sat up, to be shot in the head by an officer. Callan (or Costas Georgeiu) should have been sorted long before this shit, but how many times ahve we heard that before? I think Pet McAleese (1 Para & 22) was sent out to sort 'Callan' but if memory serves he got there too late. Oddly a film called 'Gunman' was on the box a few nights ago, set ion the Congo, the name Peter McAleese cropped up as an adviser on the movie. Small world. Wig

Comment

i heard that cg was champian recruit maybe bs.

Comment

[QUOTE=treeman;175656]Jack; are you sure that wasn't 2005 or 2006? I was at the last do they had in Lille Barracks before going to Colchester, and that was after 2003.
                            Definitely 2003

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                              'Callan' as he called himself (colonel no less) was a f***ing idiot 1st class. I had him on his para course at Abingdon and he pulled a knife on one of his platoon during the Sally army break. I sent him packing back to PCAU but the Major in charge asked that he be kept on his course and they would 'deal with him'. Next I heard he was out doing mercenary shit in Angola (or Congo?) and had executed a number of his own blokes because they were apparently not happy with his leadership or the kit they had o do the job and wanted out. They were captured by the army and put on trial, sentenced to be shot. i knew a number of the lads who went out to fight with them not least Brummy Barker who was a drinking mate along with Mick Lee and others. Apparently after the firing squad Brummy was still alive and sat up, to be shot in the head by an officer. Callan (or Costas Georgeiu) should have been sorted long before this shit, but how many times ahve we heard that before? I think Pet McAleese (1 Para & 22) was sent out to sort 'Callan' but if memory serves he got there too late. Oddly a film called 'Gunman' was on the box a few nights ago, set ion the Congo, the name Peter McAleese cropped up as an adviser on the movie. Small world. Wig
                              J. Banks was the culprit in all that, as he was the recruiter.
                              My dad was in Angola with Col Tuck at the time, (their office overlooking the Military instillation or jail) and they took it in turns taking food to the lads.
                              Terry Castles was Bank's bodyguard at one stage (Terry being ex 1 para) but saw the light to an extent, and went his own way until he was approached by banks (down at the farm) as it was known by MI
                              and set him up with mineral writes in Angola, but had to hand them over in Zaire, but clocked everything as soon as he got off the aircraft and noticed the secret squirrels.
                              A long story, but was arrested without the papers (because he got rid of them as soon as he opened the seals, and found they were Coup plans.
                              He was imprisoned for 6 months, but when he got out by chance through the red cross) and arrived back in GB, he was arrested for murder of some 2 month prior.
                              My time in Angola was after that time, and was a more.................relaxing time, if Africa was relaxing lol.
                              Strange hey?
                              Last edited by HappyJack; 27 May 2017, 17:38.
                              Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
                              A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
                              Until it has destroyed itself from within
                              W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by billy meikle View Post
                                edmonton is the place steve home of the canadian abn then now gone only a small unit of SF lads in the abn role although PPCLI have a ABN unit. we also had live rounds, we went on a map reading ex, at that time we dug in and built the so called hides,yeah right left our rations in bergans in the hide came back and the black bears had raided the hides and ate or destroyed some food. we kicked of the tour at base gagetown in new brunswick. hope to visit the area again sometime.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9445[/ATTACH]a couple of pics from in and around OROMOCTO.
                                happy days mate.
                                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X