Cheeky Barsted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky Barsted

I always have trouble with computerised messages, must be my Australian/Manchester accent. Just rang my internet provider, was having trouble with emails. A voice said, "We just need some details, is this the phone you normally use, answer yes or no" I answers "yes". "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer, try again" I answer yes in my poshest voice , "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer" now it starts to sound a bit suspicious, as if I'm some bloke pretending to be me. "I need to ask you some security questions, please state your year of birth" me... "1952" the voice..."I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer please try again" me in an accent the Queen would be proud of "1952!!!!" the voice..."Was that 1910" I gave up, feckin 1910, that would make me 106, who does she think I am Pete?
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Re: Cheeky Barsted

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
    I always have trouble with computerised messages, must be my Australian/Manchester accent. Just rang my internet provider, was having trouble with emails. A voice said, "We just need some details, is this the phone you normally use, answer yes or no" I answers "yes". "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer, try again" I answer yes in my poshest voice , "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer" now it starts to sound a bit suspicious, as if I'm some bloke pretending to be me. "I need to ask you some security questions, please state your year of birth" me... "1952" the voice..."I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer please try again" me in an accent the Queen would be proud of "1952!!!!" the voice..."Was that 1910" I gave up, feckin 1910, that would make me 106, who does she think I am Pete?
    Its not that bad I was on one the other day it asked me my date of birth and it said did you say 1963
    Ad Unum Omnes
    webmaster@thebritishairborneforcesclub.co.uk
    ericthered@cv6.co.uk
    ex C Coy 1 Para
    Private what are doing here? reply: everyone has to be somewhere! (the late great Spike Milliigan)

Comment

Originally posted by ericthered View Post
      Its not that bad I was on one the other day it asked me my date of birth and it said did you say 1963
      you must have got the nice one Eric.
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Comment

Well you might give a thought to us poor Geordies, when were confronted with an automatic system.
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

They used to have one here for ringing in your electric meter readings,absolute nightmare,and I gave up on it many times.

Comment

Do it on your computer Pat, I don't get bill as I can pay as I go. Much better than getting a monthly shock sheet.
              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Oh I'm with another company now Don,and can put my readings in on the computer,and my bills now are tiny since I got the free solar panels on the roof,producing 3kw on good days.I pay about 5 quid a month in the summer,and about 15 in the winter!

Comment

Gee that's good value Pat, how come you got free solar?
                  Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Working...
                  X