Dogs; and hay fever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs; and hay fever.

1-SDC10213.jpgWhen my Ma passed away, 88 years old, it didn't bother me too much. Circumstances involving her and my conniving half-sister, had me thinking it was a blessing for my Mother, to be in a better place. I never shed a tear.

Today, I took my 13 year old Black lab, on a final journey to see the Vet. Never had hay fever before, but it kicked in big time. Could have been a bit embarrassing, but the female Vet and her female assistant were very understanding.

Got the lad home in his basket for tonight; tomorrow I'll be digging a comfortable hole for him.

I would say, that if you don't want hay fever; don't get a dog.1-P1010903.jpg

Re: Dogs; and hay fever.

He was a handsome fellow in his prime.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate. Not looking forward to it. Our boys hanging in there, he doesn't seem to realise that he's not well.
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Man's best friend as the saying goes,and it's true,the saddest loss most of us will ever suffer!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
          Sorry to hear that mate. Not looking forward to it. Our boys hanging in there, he doesn't seem to realise that he's not well.
          Dogs and owners Steve!You maybe don't realise how unwell you are either,although the rest of us,and your missus realised years ago!

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Chris. R.I.P. "Best Friend" faithful to the last, n bin through it a few times mesen, and it,s the ONLY time I shed a tear. Ses a lot about the frailties of human friendship opposed to the undying devotion of "Mans Best Friend!" R.I.P.

Comment

gutted for you mate....

I cried for my 14 year old Suki....
                HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]9514[/ATTACH]When my Ma passed away, 88 years old, it didn't bother me too much. Circumstances involving her and my conniving half-sister, had me thinking it was a blessing for my Mother, to be in a better place. I never shed a tear.

Today, I took my 13 year old Black lab, on a final journey to see the Vet. Never had hay fever before, but it kicked in big time. Could have been a bit embarrassing, but the female Vet and her female assistant were very understanding.

Got the lad home in his basket for tonight; tomorrow I'll be digging a comfortable hole for him.

I would say, that if you don't want hay fever; don't get a dog.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9513[/ATTACH]
                  As all said, Sorry to hear that Chris. R.I.P. little one. Unconditional love.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
                  Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
                  Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
                  When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.
                  Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
                  #Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
                  Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
                  A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
                  Until it has destroyed itself from within
                  W.Durant

Comment

Brill acknowledgement of "Mans Best Friend" John.

Comment

Create a Rainbow Residency for your beloved Fur Child

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
                      All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
                      They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
                      You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
                      Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
                      Author unknown...

i have had hay fever then for years at least 60 years now and all my dogs all have a special place in our hearts..thinking about you and yer mate..best thing to do give it a few weeks and go and get another dog..sorry for yer loss chris,aye billy
                      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Got to confess when I looked at your dog I literally filled up, not ashamed to say it, had mine put down a few weeks ago and still see its ghost around the house and in the fields and on the moors when I go for a run or walk, when I empty the vacuum its hairs are still in there, very, very sad. On balance a few weeks or days of trauma and upset are nothing compared to 17 years of companionship. Heartfelt sympathy mate. Wig

Comment

Sorry to hear of his passing Chris, he's still with you mate you'll never lose him completely. He's in your memory forever, nobody can take that away from you !
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Thanks for those heartfelt comments Gents. He's now laid beneath fruit trees in my Daughters orchard. Keep telling myself I'm too old for another dog but when I see my other Daughters little Sprocker Spaniel? Maybe in a month or two. Funny how that hay-fever has cleared up.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss mate , a dog really is mans best friend,I have two at the moment ,an old Springer n a wee Cocker,I was the same as you when I lost my last one ,no more dogs,lasted two weeks ,go for it,best companion you will ever get

Comment

Working...
                              X