Thread: Cheeky Barsted

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cheeky Barsted

I always have trouble with computerised messages, must be my Australian/Manchester accent. Just rang my internet provider, was having trouble with emails. A voice said, "We just need some details, is this the phone you normally use, answer yes or no" I answers "yes". "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer, try again" I answer yes in my poshest voice , "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer" now it starts to sound a bit suspicious, as if I'm some bloke pretending to be me. "I need to ask you some security questions, please state your year of birth" me... "1952" the voice..."I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer please try again" me in an accent the Queen would be proud of "1952!!!!" the voice..."Was that 1910" I gave up, feckin 1910, that would make me 106, who does she think I am Pete?
    I told myself that I should stop drinking, but I'm not about to listen to a drunk who talks to himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Cheeky Barsted

Quote Originally Posted by stephenfrank View Post
    I always have trouble with computerised messages, must be my Australian/Manchester accent. Just rang my internet provider, was having trouble with emails. A voice said, "We just need some details, is this the phone you normally use, answer yes or no" I answers "yes". "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer, try again" I answer yes in my poshest voice , "I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer" now it starts to sound a bit suspicious, as if I'm some bloke pretending to be me. "I need to ask you some security questions, please state your year of birth" me... "1952" the voice..."I'm sorry I couldn't understand your answer please try again" me in an accent the Queen would be proud of "1952!!!!" the voice..."Was that 1910" I gave up, feckin 1910, that would make me 106, who does she think I am Pete?
    Its not that bad I was on one the other day it asked me my date of birth and it said did you say 1963
    Ad Unum Omnes
    webmaster@thebritishairborneforcesclub.co.uk
    ericthered@cv6.co.uk
    ex C Coy 1 Para
    Private what are doing here? reply: everyone has to be somewhere! (the late great Spike Milliigan)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
    Its not that bad I was on one the other day it asked me my date of birth and it said did you say 1963
    you must have got the nice one Eric.
    I told myself that I should stop drinking, but I'm not about to listen to a drunk who talks to himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well you might give a thought to us poor Geordies, when were confronted with an automatic system.
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Post Thanks / Like

They used to have one here for ringing in your electric meter readings,absolute nightmare,and I gave up on it many times.

BAFC Verification Officer Don the Mod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it on your computer Pat, I don't get bill as I can pay as I go. Much better than getting a monthly shock sheet.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm with another company now Don,and can put my readings in on the computer,and my bills now are tiny since I got the free solar panels on the roof,producing 3kw on good days.I pay about 5 quid a month in the summer,and about 15 in the winter!

Post Thanks / Like

Gee that's good value Pat, how come you got free solar?
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Thread Information