X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie

Cheers Taff,
    Keith.
    9th Independent Parachute Sqn.R.E. 16 Independent Para Bgde.

Comment

Unfortunately Keith there isn't enuf mitey twos posting in here to drag the IQ level up to anything like sensible... That is why I have to lower my standards to fit in
      HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
        Welcome Keith....you will of course find that we ex 2 Para blokes are the real intelligent gentlemen on here

we all know that 1 PARA is first in number as well as standard that should cos some comment especially from my mate the trifle eater in OZ. we always enjoyed good espirit de corps with 9 sqdn i enjoyed our demolition course we did 1970/71 big bangs and plenty of beer
        shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Of course I never knew they let 9 SQdn play with bangers... Always thought we carried shovels just cause it was too much weight for em to carry themselves
          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Karson View Post
            Unfortunately Keith there isn't enuf mitey twos posting in here to drag the IQ level up to anything like sensible... That is why I have to lower my standards to fit in
            For F*cks sake Dave - standards don't come much lower than yours other than at a funeral!! Now as a Mighty 2 Vet, I agree that trying to improve the intellectual content from our brothers from gungy 3 or vacationing 1 is a challenge - but I have written proof that my utterings are considered OxBridge quality - For the 9sqn readers that means good enough for Oxford or Cambridge Universities - The written proof has real provenance as it came from Don - For 7 RHA readers, provenance, means really good evidence from a really reliable source. Not that I think I Trump anyone else (For truebrit - Trump - a card game named after or before a dumb ass business man with floppy hairdo that is currently using dollar bills as vaseline to enter the anals of US Politics) but perhaps a bit more positive about the IQ levels on here especially when introducing yourself to a new member.

Remember he is only a new member on this site - he is actually quite old - was in and out before I got in so that makes you a bigger crow than him - in the big scheme of all things that are right and proper.

Other than that, welcome Keith, enjoy the intellectual banter on this site as it will begin to stimulate your brain and help you avoid Alzheimers - or at least if you say stuff on here that gets a bit of Alzheimeric (I made that word up, it will appear in the OxBridge dictionary soon) ) licence added to it, especially if it turns you into the hero, there is likely someone who will remind you of the actual facts and typically that is done with usual tact and diplomacy as delivered to the Scottish under Edward 1st in the late 1200's under the law of Prima Nocta. .
            I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

In other words welcome to the madhouse Keith as illustrated by kev who I used to look up to... But not any more... Feckin slightly older crow than mesen....
              HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

I don't Keith is going to be impressed with your arguments as to wether 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8 was the best because of the simple reason that Keith served in the most elite fighting unit in the history of the planet, 9 Independent Para Sqn R.E., he had to go through the most extensive recruitment testing of any unit on the planet. Not just Pre Para, P company, Abingdon etc. etc. but even before you get to that , there are many tests to ensure that only the best looking, intellectual, sophisticated, suave, and debonair get through. ( you only have to see me and Don to appreciate this) That's why so many are rejected and have to join the Reg.
                Last edited by stephenfrank; 6 August 2015, 03:58.
                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Karson View Post
                  In other words welcome to the madhouse Keith as illustrated by kev who I used to look up to... But not any more... Feckin slightly older crow than mesen....
                  Dave - I look up to you, the only way you could look up to me is if I got on a ladder !! But don't stop - I am still impressive and worthy of the role model moniker many attribute to me alongside my IQ, benevolence, wit and charm - we have to stay together mate - there are a lot of other folks out there that are truly magnificent airborne warriors who through no fault of their own never managed to experience the full wonderment of being in 2nd Bn so obviously being airborne and not in 2nd Bn. they were in the next best place and that place was always their best experience and we need to understand and respect their feelings in this regard. It is not that they are wrong - they just dont have all the facts or experience to base their findings on.

Now if I can step away from this conversation before someone hurts me, that may be the right thing to do..... After all, I was just trying to say Hi to Keith
                  I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Keith on this site its us versus them (them being everybody else) except "old scrote" Pete to his friends as that's us and them versus him....simple

Comment

Originally posted by stephenfrank View Post
                      I don't Keith is going to be impressed with your arguments as to wether 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8 was the best because of the simple reason that Keith served in the most elite fighting unit in the history of the planet, 9 Independent Para Sqn R.E., he had to go through the most extensive recruitment testing of any unit on the planet. Not just Pre Para, P company, Abingdon etc. etc. but even before you get to that , there are many tests to ensure that only the best looking, intellectual, sophisticated, suave, and debonair get through. ( you only have to see me and Don to appreciate this) That's why so many are rejected and have to join the Reg.
                      Steve, I take it that Tony and I do not meet those standards then ?
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

You set the standard Bob, taz sneaked in. Low marks on suaveness
                        Last edited by stephenfrank; 6 August 2015, 10:18.
                        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

sneaked in? low marks on suaveness?Me-Venice.jpg look at this mate, beer in St. Peter's Square, Venice, can't get more suave than that me thinks news flash aussies all out for 60 at Trent Bridge

Comment

taz you mean st. marks square venice, bloody numpty.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinMoran View Post
                              Dave - I look up to you, the only way you could look up to me is if I got on a ladder !! But don't stop - I am still impressive and worthy of the role model moniker many attribute to me alongside my IQ, benevolence, wit and charm - we have to stay together mate - there are a lot of other folks out there that are truly magnificent airborne warriors who through no fault of their own never managed to experience the full wonderment of being in 2nd Bn so obviously being airborne and not in 2nd Bn. they were in the next best place and that place was always their best experience and we need to understand and respect their feelings in this regard. It is not that they are wrong - they just dont have all the facts or experience to base their findings on.

Now if I can step away from this conversation before someone hurts me, that may be the right thing to do..... After all, I was just trying to say Hi to Keith
                              excellent diplomacy Kev...
                              HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Cor there's some smoke being blown up arses on here, if it carrying on I'll have to order a chimney sweep !
                                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                                X