No announcement yet.

X Factor... Pah what a load of rubbish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Factor... Pah what a load of rubbish.

Apart from Films, have you noticed the singers of today, seem to be just that;
    One hit wonders in comparison to some great names of the 50's 60' 70's.
    Can you imagine some like B/Lee on the Xfaxtor and that S/Cowell running her singing down?
    Here's one for example, and if you know her history and how young she was when she started singing, what a great voice.

Brenda Lee, and when I listen to some of these and I get flash back's to that period. Great days, and not just because we were
    young, it was only a few years after the war, and the people we grew up with had values, which is lacking in today's dustbin of Europe.
    Oh for the days of once Great Britain.
    The songs that i have chosen ( all of them the ORIGINAL versions : 1 I Want to be Wanted Deseo Ser Deseada 00:002. Some of These Days Uno de Estos D...
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
    A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
    Until it has destroyed itself from within
    W.Durant

Re: X Factor... Pah what a load of rubbish.

Bollocks to Brenda Lee, lets have a bit of Gallows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNodyijdG_E
    Last edited by stephenfrank; 6 December 2014, 01:54.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
      Apart from Films, have you noticed the singers of today, seem to be just that;
      One hit wonders in comparison to some great names of the 50's 60' 70's.
      Can you imagine some like B/Lee on the Xfaxtor and that S/Cowell running her singing down?
      Here's one for example, and if you know her history and how young she was when she started singing, what a great voice.

Brenda Lee, and when I listen to some of these and I get flash back's to that period. Great days, and not just because we were
      young, it was only a few years after the war, and the people we grew up with had values, which is lacking in today's dustbin of Europe.
      Oh for the days of once Great Britain.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzzakUloXA
      Totally agree John, "Little Miss Dynamite" class act,and as you say for our generation growing up in the austere years following WW11, when rock n roll hit the streets it was magical.Prior to that it was all crooners and screetching Ada,s trying to climb every mountain, fer f.cks sake I wish she,d get theer! Bing Crosby, Dean Martin,Mario Lanza, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole etc. Nowt wrong with em,but Rock n Roll fer uz young uns wuz NEW and revolutionary.
      F.ckin ell Steve! wuz just dropping off at the laptop when that c.nt started bees wingin, freetened me ta f.ckin dee ath, fell off me f.ckin chair! Geezers got some reight tattoos on his boat race, reminds me of me son who when his missis f.cked of with the bin lid went on a real downer which included having his boat race re decorated, summat he lives to regret!
      Wud luv ta see them f.ckers goo on X Factor, freeten that TWAT Cowell ta f.ckin dee ath and give im the biggest f.ckin eeadache the c.nts ever ad!

Comment

Yes it does lull you in to a false sense of security Dave grandson played it to me and at first I thought he'd got into Winifred Atwell. I often wonder how some big stars would have fared on shows like the x factor. Bob Dylan would have been told he'd never get anywhere with that crap voice, Elvis would have been told to wear a suit and the Stones would have been told they were too ugly.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Aanybody on here remember Harry Lauder ?
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Owd Arry,bit befoor me time Bob, but me Grandma wuz a fan, sed he wuz never the same after his lad was killed in WW1.

Comment

You know what the worst stuff is....... RAP !
              It is diabolical. I feel sorry for kids into that. Can you imagine them fifty from now sitting in a rocker and their golden oldies are KILL THE COP... RAPE THE BITCH....KILL THE COP..... SNUFF THE SNITCH.
              Such lilting

I was listening to an Irish bird on utoob the other night. Incredible Country and Western singer. Mary Duff....... You lot over the pond hid her well
              Has to be one of the best female vocalists out there. Can't believe she is not a household name over here.
              Last edited by trubrit2411; 12 December 2014, 07:44.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

If she aint a strapodicktome or soap dodger, she aint no chance over ere Tone!

Comment

Working...
                X