10 Miler 2014 write-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Miler 2014 write-up

Well, another great Airborne weekend over.

Sadly, not as many walkers as the previous year (some could not get out of bed from the night before) but the weather was ideal.

Our thanks go out to Gaz Grant, Nige Hinchin and the RQMS of 4 Med for the scoff and hot drinks 2/3rds the way around and for Gary Sturge for guiding everyone around (and having the odd route change). Lastly, my thanks to Nev who provides the safety vehicle.

We ended up as always at the Garrison Cemetery to pay our respects and raise a small glass to those no longer with us. The total number of walkers was 127.

The evening was, as usual, very well attended and both the Traf and The Queen’s had equal numbers until about 2100 when the Traf became packed again and the antics (cabaret) began. It was a late night and it was still going strong when I left – there was even another session today!

Your committee who attended were myself, Gary Sturge (Deputy Chairman Elect) and Eric Holmes (Webmaster).

My thanks to Eric, and his good lady Debra, for preparing the Port and Roses at the Cemetery.

It was yet another successful event and I look forward to seeing everyone at Fandance over 22-23 May 2015.

Re: 10 Miler 2014 write-up

I would also like to thank Phil Probets for his efforts in overseeing another very successful BAFC Weekend!
    sigpicLast one dead's a cissy!

315/316 Pl, 3 Para, Depot Para, 15 Para

tel; 0797 937 8438

Grammar:
    The difference between knowing your shit
    and knowing you're shit.

Comment

Well done all.
      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Well done to all. ...... Unfortunately I was at our East Anglian Branch PRA annual lunch.

Comment

Thanks all a good W/E.

Comment

Yes a good W/E except from 19.00hrs when the music was turned up so f*****g loud, we had to go somewhere else to drink and chat.
            Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
            A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
            Until it has destroyed itself from within
            W.Durant

Comment

I don.t know John, wot can ya do? Kids these days!

Comment

Well done all,I was undergoing restriction of privileges at Mick's!

Comment

glad it was a good weekend

Comment

Hi Guys, just got back from Suffolk where I went after the 10 Miler, will post some pics of it when Time permits. John accept my apologies mate for missing you on Saturday night at the Traff, but when we were there in the Afternoon we had to take Paul Blissett up to the A&E as his finger had become infected due to him poking about with a needle trying to get a splinter out. Did offer to chop it off for him but he said he didn't want to lose another one . No sense of humour!
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

DSCF1140.jpg Flagstaff ! DSCF1139.jpg DSCF1143.jpg DSCF1144.jpg Long Valley !DSCF1145.jpg Who's eaten all the pies then ?DSCF1146.jpgBasingstoke Canal !DSCF1151.jpg Aldershot Military Cemetery !DSCF1150.jpg We will remember them !
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by bob9739; 5 December 2014, 19:33.
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Kanaka ! Dave, remember we talked about Ted Dent, who's grave this is, you said he was the drill pig when you knew him, When I joined the MOD Plod at Farnborough in 1973 Ted was the clothing storeman, great bloke, who introduced me to the Aldershot Branch of the PRA ! Anybody else know him ?
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                          John accept my apologies mate for missing you on Saturday night at the Traff, but when we were there in the Afternoon we had to take Paul Blissett up to the A&E as his finger had become infected due to him poking about with a needle trying to get a splinter out. Did offer to chop it off for him but he said he didn't want to lose another one . No sense of humour!
                          No worries Bob, we were in the traff Sat afternoon, but left at 19.00 hrs due to not been able to think, let alone speak due to the music blaring out.
                          But that,s not for me and others I was with. Anyway may see you in Brecon if not once again on my travels .
                          Hows Paul's Finger? How come he didn't remember to burn the needle first?
                          Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
                          A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
                          Until it has destroyed itself from within
                          W.Durant

Comment

Brill pics Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
                              No worries Bob, we were in the traff Sat afternoon, but left at 19.00 hrs due to not been able to think, let alone speak due to the music blaring out.
                              But that,s not for me and others I was with. Anyway may see you in Brecon if not once again on my travels .
                              Hows Paul's Finger? How come he didn't remember to burn the needle first?
                              john, I think he was hoping to get the part of ET when they do a remake of it, they had a prod about in it decided there was nothing in it and gave him a course of antibiotics so hopefully all will be well. Know what you mean about loud music mate, my idea of these occasions is getting together for a catch up. Not to be drowned out and suffer lug damage by some bugger I don't really want to listen to !
                              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                              X