NOT TREASURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT TREASURE

Aint found that Nazi Gold yet, but my latest expedition turned up quite an interesting find, a nail!
    Yes that,s right, a f.ckin nail, no ordinary one though, it,s whats called a "Crucifixion" nail, at least that,s what the so called experts call em. Made of bronze by the Romans, they can vary in size but average out at about 6 inches, f.ckin big robust wedge shaped f.ckers and were commonly used for crucifixion purposes. Imagine some big f.ck off Legionaire nailing them f.ckers through ya wrist and ankles OUCH!!!!!
    One or two found in this country but are quite rare, all I need to do now is find the 2000 year old lump hammer!

002.jpg003.jpg

Re: NOT TREASURE

Still a good find Dave, and a strong possibility that someone had been nailed with them.
    Makes you wonder? I bet ole Mossy if he came back on this site, could do some forensic's on them for you.
    By the way, do you use the discriminator, or put to zero?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
    A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
    Until it has destroyed itself from within
    W.Durant

Comment

Just a chip on the old block then

Comment

Hi John, I always use discrimination, otherwise you get knackered digging old bits of iron up, although horseshoes can be a nice find, hopefully bring you luck! Different machines have different settings and the beauty of the Garrett Ace models is that they have an easy to understand touch screen. I always have mine set on "Treasure" or "Coins", but even then, you can get sick of digging pull tabs and alloy cans up, so best advice is to only dig when you get a really strong signal to save time and wasted effort. The screen also gives you indication of depth the actual find is burried under ground, but like every other endevour in life, practice makes perfect
        Best way to get used to any Hurdy Gurdy is to get an item of gold, an item of silver, a copper coin and an old rusty nail. Take them outside and spread them out on the deck, then go over each one with the search head and you,ll get used to the "sweet" sound that you want to hear when out in the cuds. Surprisingly the "sweetest" sound comes from old lead, not surprising really as the old stuff contains quite a lot of silver. Any probs or advice John, just PM me, only to happy to help.
        "This time next year Rodney, we could be millionaires!"

Comment

Cheers Dave, I thought that was the case.
          Also been doing a lot of research, but still heading for the new XP, which can be folded up
          and tucked easily under your jacket, but also has a great discrimination tech.
          Will be in contact soon.
          W.Durant

Comment

Well done on the find Dave,That makes me more determined to get one,will have to drop a few hints to the family to that effect,for Chrissy pressie, better than one hundred pairs o' feffing socks,lol

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Hi John, I always use discrimination, otherwise you get knackered digging old bits of iron up, although horseshoes can be a nice find, hopefully bring you luck! Different machines have different settings and the beauty of the Garrett Ace models is that they have an easy to understand touch screen. I always have mine set on "Treasure" or "Coins", but even then, you can get sick of digging pull tabs and alloy cans up, so best advice is to only dig when you get a really strong signal to save time and wasted effort. The screen also gives you indication of depth the actual find is burried under ground, but like every other endevour in life, practice makes perfect
            Best way to get used to any Hurdy Gurdy is to get an item of gold, an item of silver, a copper coin and an old rusty nail. Take them outside and spread them out on the deck, then go over each one with the search head and you,ll get used to the "sweet" sound that you want to hear when out in the cuds. Surprisingly the "sweetest" sound comes from old lead, not surprising really as the old stuff contains quite a lot of silver. Any probs or advice John, just PM me, only to happy to help.
            "This time next year Rodney, we could be millionaires!"

Comment

Good find there Dave, they could well have been used mate, the Romans had a habit of Crucifying blue noses who pissed them off particularly in Northern Britain.
              Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                Good find there Dave, they could well have been used mate, the Romans had a habit of Crucifying blue noses who pissed them off particularly in Northern Britain.
                They (probably) also carried the swastika banner, as well as the Eagle Bob.
                W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
                  They (probably) also carried the swastika banner, as well as the Eagle Bob.
                  always heard the nazis had set foot in Britain john, just didn't realise it was that far back .
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
                    Cheers Dave, I thought that was the case.
                    Also been doing a lot of research, but still heading for the new XP, which can be folded up
                    and tucked easily under your jacket, but also has a great discrimination tech.
                    Will be in contact soon.
                    I had the XP 350 myself for a time John, Brill machine if you are technically adept such as yourself, but me being rather "dim" in that particular field, it took me ages to get used to it, and after months of digging up old iron and bits of coke from the old steam tractors I finally cracked it. Mine did,nt have a visual screen as guidance, so it was the correct "tone" of the bleep that was the deciding factor and being more than just a bit Mutt & Jeff you can imagine the problems I had. Had some great finds with it though, my first piece of gold, a beautiful almost mint 1715 George 1 Gold Guinea, so I suppose like everything else it comes down to personal preference, any advice John, just give me a bell!

Comment

Dave I got down to one preference with the garret display system, and with the xp folding stock.
                      Thinking of trying to put the garret control on to the xp stock.
                      W.Durant

Comment

If anyone can do it it,s you John!

Comment

Nice find Dave - will they fetch good money on eBay ? (Hope so mate !!)

Comment

dave did not find the nails with his detector it was in his front nearside tyre. lol

Comment

That one wudda deffo f.cked the wheel up Pete!

Comment

Working...
                              X