• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "PSST, It's your stag"....

who remembers these and are they still in the stores
    Attached Files

Comment

Remember one of the lads cut them out and pinned them to the wall in APC Belize, that many the wall was almost armour plated.
      Not sure how many different ones there were but he had a lot of his'favourites repeated.
      Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
      Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
        Bob
        My wish for you today is:

"May You Never Get This Old!!!"

Bloody Hell Jack, if I ignored that lot prancing around in the background, I'd shoot myself mate !
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
          who remembers these and are they still in the stores
          got to be honest the last time I saw these on the old Tennents tins was when we were in Libya in 1968, no doubt they went on for a long time after that. But no doubt it was the political correct brigade that finally put a stop to it, Bastards !
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
            got to be honest the last time I saw these on the old Tennents tins was when we were in Libya in 1968, no doubt they went on for a long time after that. But no doubt it was the political correct brigade that finally put a stop to it, Bastards !
            Bob.... Did that beer come by Heavy Drop ? Ours was Tennants and Amstel
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              Not forgetting Anne in her bikini
              Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
              A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
              Until it has destroyed itself from within
              W.Durant

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                Tone the Tennants tasted good mate, but the Grader they dropped to level out the airstrip didn't turn out so good. Despite shock struts and airbags, all the hydraulics burst on impact, what a feckin mess, but it was one big heavy feck off machine so nobody was to surprised at the result. However didn't take long to put it right and get the job done !
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Bob.....They actually parachuted in a grader ?
                  Did you do that airstrip at Al Mansoura where that Argosy with the 7 RHA blokes and their guns, piled in ?

If you did it had big fookin' lumps in it
                  "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                  Me

Comment

Tone, they did mate that and some other heavy plant like bulldozers D6, and stuff, that was to maintain the airstrip. I didn't actually work on the strip myself it was the Plant lads, who sorted that lot out. But when they dropped that kit there was hydraulic fluid from arsehole to breakfast time, the pipes just couldn't stand the pressure !
                    Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

It wasn't an ultra low drop then bob?

Ultralow Heavy Drop.jpg
                      "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Don , I think if it had been low level mate, it probably wouldn't have sustained the damage it did ! Just pleased I wasn't sitting on the bugger when it came in.
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                          It wasn't an ultra low drop then bob?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6368[/ATTACH]
                          LLAPES (Low Level Automatic Parachute Extraction System).They used to do one of these every year as the grand finale for the Larkhill artillery day,once they stopped firing the Honest John,about '74.

Comment

Alert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wonder if he,s bin signin on?

Comment

A school teacher asked her students to make a sentence containing the expression “I presume”.
                                One little girl held up her hand and said: “Yesterday my mother hand washed the dinner dishes and I presumed that the dishwasher was broken.”
                                “Very good” said the teacher.
                                Another one said: “This morning, my father drove the Volkswagen out of the garage. I presume that the BMW wouldn't start.”

“That’s excellent” says the teacher.

Little Johnny at the back of the classroom gets up and says: “Yesterday I saw grandpa leave the house

with a newspaper under his arm and headed for the bush, I presume that.......
                                ”The teacher interrupted him and said, “I stopped you because you have no idea what your grandfather
                                was going to do, so you can’t presume anything.

”Johnny says, “Please Teacher, let me finish my sentence.”

The teacher says, “Very well. Continue.”

“As I was saying, I saw my grandpa heading for the bush with a newspaper under his arm. I presume he was going for a shit because he can’t read.”

Comment

Working...
                                X