Out and about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Out and about

And I've scorned a good few over the years.Constantly having to watch my back,and self imposed ban from anything like Facebook so they can't find me here in The Village Of The Damned!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
      And I've scorned a good few over the years.Constantly having to watch my back,and self imposed ban from anything like Facebook so they can't find me here in The Village Of The Damned!
      and obviously for a small annual fee no one on this site will mention your where abouts Pat.
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by billy meikle View Post
        early august went on a rock hunting trip to northern California and Oregon visited steens mountain almost 10 K ft high.trouble typing so iwil post some pics of the glacier cuts in the mountain stayed at frenchglen cannot post pictures !!! will try again later
        Rock hunting?!?

Suppose if you are getting on a bit they would be easier to stalk than deer and safer than lions, but just would not have the same adrenaline rush when you shoot one!

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
        Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

mick i collect rocks and the only way to find them is to go on a good tab to remote areas and california and nevada oregon areas are perfect for finding semi precious rocks and minerals. and of course i carry my 9mm and my FAL and of course compass map and emergency gear. cell phones do not work in some areas i tab i enjoy it. i have lost 40 lbs in less than a year tabbing around the ridges and collecting. ye cannot beat sleeping under the stars and the stars out there reminds me of watching stars in OZ. i have seen the ISS and other satellites cruising passed.... awesome. the west area of the USA are full of old mines and of course rattlesnakes.....
          shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Thought it would have been more mundane than stalking granite!

When you pop over to Scotland you can try panning for gold on the farm, there is a gold mine just up the road, so who knows you may strike lucky!
            Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
            Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

Plenty o gold underground Mick, already made up into beautitash coins and jewellery. All ya need is the good owd hurdy gurdy to go find it and dig the f.cker up!

Comment

Dave, you should have brought it down to Folkestone the other day mate, some German artist buried £10,000.00 worth of dog tag sized gold pieces on the beach . And there was people down there with buckets and spades looking for it as it was a case of finders keepers. The thing I'm still trying to get my head round, is why somebody would want to bury that amount of money in the sand is it a case of more money than sense ?
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                  Dave, you should have brought it down to Folkestone the other day mate, some German artist buried £10,000.00 worth of dog tag sized gold pieces on the beach . And there was people down there with buckets and spades looking for it as it was a case of finders keepers. The thing I'm still trying to get my head round, is why somebody would want to bury that amount of money in the sand is it a case of more money than sense ?
                  It's called ART Bob...really...you philistines.
                  "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Read about that Bob, after the event unfortunately. Story o my f.ckin life I suppose!

Comment

Weather was good 3rd time there nothing else going on

Comment

Day out with Dennis F (3Para)

Comment

Good film that Jack. Norwich an old historical city which had great importance in Medieval times. Sadly every time I,ve visited, my destination has been Carrow Rd. to witness my team usually getting twatted and visiting the nearest battlecruiser to drown me sorrows!

Comment

Jack, Who is Dennis F 3 Para,is he ,like me an oldie ,60 s??? ,I was A Coy 59/64,an we had a Dennis Folkard??? from Norwich is this guy of that era, Jim

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                            Day out with Dennis F (3Para)

Comment

Yes Jim that's our Dennis

Comment

Not to forget his brother Danny, R.I.P.
                                There is always someone watching

Comment

Working...
                                X