Out and about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out and about

The museum is located on the site of the World War 2 and post-war Weybourne Anti Aircraft Training Camp. Weybourne Camp is north west of the coastal village of Weybourne.
    During World War 2, the camp was surrounded by a perimeter anti-tank ditch and defended by a system of gun emplacements and barbed wire. The interior of the camp consisted of groups of Nissen huts, barracks and other military buildings. The cliff top to the north was covered by a line of heavy anti-aircraft guns and batteries, slit trenches and pillboxes.
    After the war, the camp became known as the AA permanent Range and Radar Training Wing[1] and gunnery training continued until 1958. The site still has a RAF radar receiving station and is the location of the University of East Anglia Weybourne Atmospheric Observatory and a Metrological Station.
    The site is owned by Sir Peter de Savary (aka Mick)

Last edited by Don the Mod; 1 July 2013, 13:26.

Re: Out and about

part two

Comment

I saw a lot of this kit in action at the War & Peace show at the Hop Farm in Kent a couple of years ago. However the hop farm doesn't hold these functions any more, but I believe this years venue is at Folkestone race course. Some of these guys pay a small fortune for authentic kit rather than reproduction stuff, but obviously they need to resort to some reproduction kit as the real stuff is now becoming very scarce!
      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

A short week end in Southport what song are those slappers singing ?

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

F.ckin ell,I don,t fancy thine Jack! Could I f.ck tell wot they were singing,summat about knob I think.
          Sunny Southport,I had a mate who played for them in the owd 4th Division back in the good owd days of the 60s.He then went on to play for that other footballing "GIANT" from the North West, New Brighton!

Comment

Dave the music drew me to that pub (Foghorn). I was not aware of anything special happening then the marching bands turned up weather was great got back home on Sunday and had to put on a pullover

Comment

Weather looked fantastic Jack,and the battlecruiser was aptly named with the tash outside sounding like foghorns!

Comment

Our local event with some military links

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It,s been removed Jack.

Comment

Not happy with the standard Dave so re posting after a re edit

Comment

Originally posted by jackw102 View Post
                      Not happy with the standard Dave so re posting after a re edit
                      Dave's missus isnt happy with the Standard Dave either, she says she wants an upgrade.
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

UPGRADE? She could with a f.ckin miracle!

Comment

Well here we go hope this video is of interest. After the event we ended up in the farmers tent they were filling our glasses with beer from watering cans.

Could someone refresh my memory what town did Dave Warboys come from ?

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Mike Davies (3 Para pay corps)organises this trip every year

Comment

Looks a top day out Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X