Re: Out and about

Looking forward to meeting people at Colchester tomorrow

Comment

Av a gud un!

Comment

Riding the Duchess (well not literally) Mid Norfolk steam gala

Those steam anoraks have a language all to themselves. Me I just had to have a day out.

Last edited by jackw102; 21 July 2013, 11:35.

Comment

Them owd Choo Choo trains don,t arf bring the owd nostalgia back Jack.Reminders of me childhood and youth,sadly now just a fond memory.

Comment

Yes you can't fry bacon and eggs on a diesel train, like you could on a shovel on the footplate !
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Excellent films Jack - top stuff mate !!

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                Yes you can't fry bacon and eggs on a diesel train, like you could on a shovel on the footplate !
                this is probably highly controversial, but have you tried using a frying pan Bob ?
                I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                  HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

It's the smell of the old steam trains and traction engines that does it for me,better than napalm in the morning!Can't wait for august when the local tractor and traction engine meet is on.

Comment

something romantic about steam
                      HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Especially when it,s coming outa yer arsehole!

Comment

Another romantic thought ruined-thanks dave
                          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Remember the owd "soccer specials",in the early 60s,owd f.cked up carraiges specially to tek footy fans to away games,all pulled by the owd puffer billys.Great days out with some great memories.Some silly c.nt allus pulling the emergency communication cord,carraiges gerrin wrecked,unscheduled stops with coppers steaming on with the owd truncheons drawn ready to meat out instant justice with a good banjo round the owd crust.No f.ckin paperwork in them days just a "stitch that,f.ck off and behave theesen!"
                            Combination of Everton fans,who then ruled the roost in Liverpool and were top of the league train wreckers,and that twat Beeching,it all got kicked into touch,but great memories of a memorable time in me life!

Comment

7th Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery will be holding the handover parade for I Para Bty (Bull’s Troop) and H Para Bty (Ramsay’s Troop) on 01 Aug 13. The event will also be a vehicle for a Regimental reunion and involve past serving members of the Regiment.

Parade Composition. The actual size of the 3 x Battery groups (F, G & HQ) will depend on availability of officers and soldiers. The RSM, in conjunction with BSMs will ensure that the three guards are of similar size. The Royal Engineer band has been booked to provide the parades accompanying music.

Comment

Is see the blokes can still march on eh ?.... and in good order too. You never never forget it like...
                                I think I will go have a quick march around the back garden. Maybe a one man muster parade.
                                Maybe I will wait 'til its dark.
                                "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                                Me

Comment

Working...
                                X