Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo quiz

Beat me to it fat boy!
    Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Comment

Well done Pat, Hedgehog anti-submarine mortar.
      what's the following photo all about, and what's his name?
      Attached Files
      Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
      A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
      Until it has destroyed itself from within
      W.Durant

Comment

Sailors and mortars! Three Para mortars will be in heaven!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Comment

I believe that when that gentleman was cremated the metal was found in his ashes, from an injury he received during the war.
          God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post
            I believe that when that gentleman was cremated the metal was found in his ashes, from an injury he received during the war.
            Spot on Tug. Absolutely unbelievable, and there's me moaning if I get a splinter? Here is his story;

Any idea what this is, I have one coming tomorrow;
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HappyJack; 28 May 2013, 22:08.
            W.Durant

Comment

Chocolate watch to Tug.

Ronald Brown (inset left), who died last week at the age of 94, had stepped on a booby trap as a young soldier serving with the East Yorkshire Regiment during World War II.
              "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
                Spot on Tug. Absolutely unbelievable, and there's me moaning if I get a splinter? Here is his story;

It looks like something mortars would use to sew up a well used arsehole to give it the "new cherry" feel!

is there something you want to tell us?

Comment

Do it yourself hemorrhoid remover.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

The handy Speedy Stitcher sewing awl should be included as a survival item in your pack, it is very effective for repairs, it can easily sew heavy items, lea...
                    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

[QUOTE=JohnD;42049]Spot on Tug. Absolutely unbelievable, and there's me moaning if I get a splinter? Here is his story;

Hate to piss on anyone's chips,but looking at the pic of the "shrapnel" more closely,it has phillips screws in it,not invented in 1944,and what appears to be remains of a bulldog clip,and various pins,nails etc.I think the crematorium workers were taking the piss,and these are the remains of coffins,and the various clips and pins used to hold the interior material in place.

Comment

As Eamonn Andrews used to say "by Jove Pat, you know your shrapnel"
                        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donthe Mod View Post
                          I can only give tow's up on a lolly Don, as the answer was close, a slightly different tool.
                          The one I put up is good for leather repair or leather craft, and is an excellent piece of kit.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSNw...ture=fvwp&NR=1

[QUOTE=PatHarley;42088]
                          Spot on Tug. Absolutely unbelievable,and there's me moaning if I get a splinter?
                          Hereis hisstory;
                          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/9618342/Weighty-memento-war-veterans-secret-revealed-after-his-death.html

Hateto piss on anyone's chips,but looking at the pic of the "shrapnel"more closely,it has phillips screws in it,not invented in 1944,andwhat appears to be remains of a bulldog clip,and various pins,nailsetc.I think the crematorium workers were taking the piss,and these are the remains of coffins,and the various clips and pins used tohold the interior material in place.
                          No problem Pat, I've often been accused for analysing what people say.
                          My excuse is that it was the tabloids that reported it. I'm only the messenger.

Originally posted by MickDoc Doherty View Post
                          Itlooks like something mortars would use to sew up a well usedarsehole togive it the "new cherry" feel!

isthere something you want to tell us?
                          Mick,how dare you? I was never in 3 para.

Any idea what they are trying to do on this ship?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by HappyJack; 29 May 2013, 10:15.
                          W.Durant

Comment

magnetic cloak installation ??
                            9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by madhouse View Post
                              magnetic cloak installation ??
                              Spot on John, Electromagnetic disguising;

Although it sounds like it comes straight out of a sci-fi flick, the Allies researched the degaussing of ships quite heavily during WW2. The primary goal was to render the ship undetectable, and invisible, from magnetically fused undersea mines and torpedoes. The degaussing of a ship involved the generation of a powerful electromagnetic field onboard. The Canadian and British Royal navies spent large amounts of time doing tests and research on degaussing — in fact, the conduits from the degaussing system built in the HMS Belfast in London, can still be seen today. Many people also believe the electromagnetic degaussing attempt on the USS Engstorm might have influenced the story of the famous “Philidelphia Experiment.”

Any idea of this extraordinary bomb? Name? Note the aircraft.
                              Attached Files
                              W.Durant

Comment

Barnes Wallis (Sir) besides the bouncer ,invented two megga hard bombs the 12000 lb TallBoy to sink the Tirpitz , and the 22000 lb GrandSlam or earthquake bomb to attack the Arnsberg viaduct and also hardened V2 sites. The RAF Lancaster was the only plane that could carry the beasts.
                                9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
                                X