Music from your younger days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from your younger days.

Mooching on youtube like you do; I found this mix which brought back memories.
    The Platters-Remember when, Doris Day-Teacher's pet, Johnny Ray-I'll never fall in love again, Paul Anka-Diana, Sonny James-Young love, Brenda Lee-I'm sorry,...
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
    A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
    Until it has destroyed itself from within
    W.Durant

Re: Music from your younger days.

Just realised how much Clark Gable looks like our Peter Dearden........uncanny
    9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

I seem to remember my gran used to play some of that stuff.
      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Kin BRILLIANT JOHN! Memories of youth came flooding back,and them brylcream dip quiff hairstyles,BEST EVER! I used to mix Vasaline and water and dallop it on,used to set like f.ckin bell metal,go out in a force ten and not one hair outa place.Down side was gerrin a bollockin off me dear old mum for the shite left on the pillow slips,but when you,re young and daft yer brains are in yer bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
          Kin BRILLIANT JOHN! Memories of youth came flooding back,and them brylcream dip quiff hairstyles,BEST EVER! I used to mix Vasaline and water and dallop it on,used to set like f.ckin bell metal,go out in a force ten and not one hair outa place.Down side was gerrin a bollockin off me dear old mum for the shite left on the pillow slips,but when you,re young and daft yer brains are in yer bollox!
          Are you sure it was the brylcream that was staining the pillow slips Dave?
          I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Don't you just feel sorry for those who never experienced them days Dave?
            Nope neither do I, lol. Because them days are unexplainable, and absolutely brilliant.
            They say if you lived through the 60's, you can not remember them days, what a load of tosh.
            W.Durant

Comment

Yer spot on there John,it really was a magical time to be a youth,after the drabness and austerity post WW11,the mid 50s,right up to the swinging 60s there was an explosion of Rock & Roll music with Bill Haley,Buddy Holly,Jerry Lee Lewis,Little Richard and the rest of the pioneers.Leading to the Mersey Sound and all that went with it,like The King Elvis sang,the world was "All Shook Up!",and what a FANTASTIC era.
              Running over the good old tank tracks along Long Valley,the brill music going around and around in yer head.masked the effort and pain more effectively than any drug!
              Steve,when I was a young stallion and started to take mesen in hand,when I shot me load,the spasm was so powerful I used to make stalagtites on the ceiling,so the bed clothes were safe from cumfrey bogart stains,good job me dear old mum never noticed!
              These days,it just manages to dribble out at a snails pace,there certainly aint no fun in gerrin owd!

Comment

brillient and yes madhouse i do look like clark gabel handsome suave and debonar,a real ladies man, ye thats me.

Comment

i think Madhouse meant, you look like him now that he's been dead for 50 years.

Comment

The young uns are only jealous Pete,cos age brings debonair looks and true wisdom.Been thinking of some o the old ballads from that time and humming along to mesen as I strolled along the beach.
                    Who can forget,Englebert Humpalot singing,"Please Don,t Burn Our Shithouse Down",Billy Fury singing,"Twas All Over My Bed Settee,Howard Keel singing,"Don,t Throw Big Stones At Me and one of my all time favorites,Glen Campbell singing,"I Was The Linesman At Notts County".

Comment

Fecks sake Dave, yer forgetting the governor. Little jimmy Osmond, Long Haired Liver From Loverpool.

Comment

I know where you got your suit from now Steve.

Comment

Kin ell Steve,fancy missing little Jimmy out,Unforgivable! Another one I omitted was gorgeous Georges aunty Rosemary singing,"Hey There,You With The Short Back And Sides."!

Comment

Dave how can you forget Procol Harum, The who 'I can see for miles' Remember sort of singing that one when on the Brecon 32miler .
                            Little Eva, The loco-motion.
                            Now click on and remember when this was playing...reminds me of Smith Dorene's?
                            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

And this one; reminds me of Dronfields in G/ford
                            Scott Mackenzie;
                            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                            Last edited by HappyJack; 3 April 2013, 20:47.
                            W.Durant

Comment

Just had to put this one up; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk
                              (some good footage) Reminds me of flying over Nam with Bart Flint, just after the B52's did their business.
                              W.Durant

Comment

Working...
                              X