Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top New Years day Film watched in Germany

Dinner for one.

Dinner for One - Freddie Frinton ----Read the article about this sketch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/history_doorstep/Dinner.html

Freddy Frinton & May Warden.

Dinner for oneThis would be the end of the story of a not very well remembered English comedian, were there not a surprising postscript. In 1963, Frinton's Dinner for One was recorded by the Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) German television station, and bizarrely, watching the unsubtitled English language sketch on television subsequently has become a German New Year's Eve tradition, with the short seeing multiple repeats every year from 1972 onwards.[4][5] The role of Miss Sophie was played by May Warden.
    The television cult also caught on in Scandinavia and Dinner for One has been a hugely popular permanent, mandatory institution on Danish, Finnish and Swedish television on New Year's Eve for many years, as well in Belgium in the original version. It became so popular that a Dutch version was made with the Dutch actor Joop Doderer for Dutch viewers. It is also shown every 23 December on the Norwegian television, (NRK) and has been shown on the Australian SBS television network on New Year's Eve for at least the last fifteen years. Interestingly the programme and its main actor Frinton are far less well known in Britain than in any of these countries.
    Ironically for an actor whose roles often comprised playing a drunk, Frinton was a teetotaller, having seen in others the damage that alcohol could do.

If you've never seen this before, you will piss yourself!
    sigpicLast one dead's a cissy!

315/316 Pl, 3 Para, Depot Para, 15 Para

tel; 0797 937 8438

Grammar:
    The difference between knowing your shit
    and knowing you're shit.

Re: The Top New Years day Film watched in Germany

Comment

Swedish Television send this every New Years Eve. Have been doing so for as long as I can remember, and the first time I saw it was 1975. They really go a bundle on it

Apparently there is a new -German- version...

Just looked it up. They have been sending it every New Years Eve since 1969. 19:45 hrs to 20:00 again this New Years Eve

This is the version they send every year. English with Swedish subtitles
      Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by Guest; 27 December 2012, 10:59.

Comment

Me Dad used to watch his films, tears would be running down his cheeks with laughter, was he also the one who dressed up as a druken sailor asking for a light for his cig??
        "Whilst drinking from the well, never forget those that dug the well"

Comment

No Smokey,that would be Don!

Comment

The family used to watch Freddie and Thora Hird in that early 60s sitcom "meet the wife". It was one of the few occasions that I remember the grown ups laughing together. Naturally I was too young to get the jist of what it was all about.Freddie as a drunken sailor asking for a light to his busted cigarette was good clean fun and being the professional comedian that he was , he knew how to milk it for maximum laughs.
            9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

So it wasn't Don then?

Comment

it might have been don....... I know he used to hang around matelot bars when on course down at Chatham.
                9 Independent Parachute Squadron Royal Engineers ....sounds good to me

Comment

Re: Business Opportunities Are included in Some Forms Along with Kind

fuk it i must be on the wrong site
                  Last edited by Don the Mod; 15 April 2013, 11:44.

Comment

Looks like we have been "Hacked"billS,and i never felt a thing!!!!
                    God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post
                      Looks like we have been "Hacked"billS,and i never felt a thing!!!!
                      We must've been!

Very strange!
                      sigpicLast one dead's a cissy!

315/316 Pl, 3 Para, Depot Para, 15 Para

tel; 0797 937 8438

Grammar:
                      The difference between knowing your shit
                      and knowing you're shit.

Comment

Def a hack, real name plausible email addy i sent a questionnaire. I'll bin the fukker now, but he'll be back.
                        "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Re: за неделю похудеть на 5 кг , как похудеть за 1

Looks like we have be "Hacked" again, looks like "SMERSH" this time.
                          God made Para's to give Marines someone to look up to and worship.

Comment

Re: за неделю похудеть на 5 кг , как похудеть за 1

He's binned now Tug.
                            "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Working...
                            X