Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Guard...

...picture of the guys emplaning.

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Bold Guard...

Great pic Don

Comment

They seem to have forgotten something Don !!!!
      2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

True, I should've said prior too...
        "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Scots Battalion............clean fatigue again no parachutes, brave hearts them Scots, just life jackets!!! lol

Comment

Could tell a tale about that whole f**k up from start to finish. As Training Flight Sgt PJI at Aldershot I inspected all of the lifejackets in 2 Para where I reported 90% useless, if the regulars were crap I could not imagine the TA being any better and reported that as well, it went up the chain and heard nowt. Young guy came to me just before emplaning and asked me how he should lower his PWC, he had never seen one before let alone jumped one. Tried to get a CSPEP to redo his kit but ran out of time, I know he was lost in the Kanal. I should have pulled the lad out. Bit late but I learned never to let anything by if I had any doubts after that, no matter what rank or position of the people making the calls

Comment

Tragic that whole episode in 1974, didn't realise Don that image was from then.............RIP
              Last edited by Gil; 13 September 2019, 08:42.

Comment

B Company, XV Para, Dick Tomkins, 4th in on left (RIP) died in the Canal.
                For Allah created the English mad - the maddest of all mankind.

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                  X