Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Boots

IMG_20190810_132453.jpg
    It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Re: Desert Boots

I don't reaslly recognise them that clean. Wonder if you can buy a pair, pre-vomit, piss and alcohol stained, to save time.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

The Germans in Osnatraz used to call them 'piss boots'. When you turned up at a disco club wanting entry they always said "Show me your feet,no piss boots allowed"! This was,of course because of the bad habit of beating up Hats,and soiling their floors with various body fluids on nights out,so there were few clubs we could actually frequent,unless suitably disguised wearing No2 shoes or issue plimsoles,as nobody owned anything but 'piss boots'!

Comment

When you think my old man was issued them in the RAF and if you wanted to buy a pair they were 30 Shillings................talk about inflation!!

Comment

Gorram issued in Aden, bit lower ankle cut tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
            Gorram issued in Aden, bit lower ankle cut tho.
            not so much boots then, Dave. More, Desert Flip Flops.
            I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I prefer the ghillie boots, got a new pair on standby:

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Ah! Paras No 3 uniform, desert wellies, jeans and sweat shirt, remember it well, had many a good Donnybrook in No 3's

Comment

Working...
                X