Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW I Cemetery

Kut Al Amara

(22 Feb 2003) Kut Al Amara, recent1. Various womens' protest 2. pan of Tigris river3. Soldier on bridge4. Pan to gate of war cemetery5. Various damaged grave...
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: WW I Cemetery

Heathen soo-ap dodgin bastards n we invited battalions o the kunts ta live o,er ere. Wankminster? talk about fukkin shit fer brains!

Comment

they should never have been left there. history now, shame most so called educated people no nothing about all the british soldiers died and buried in far away places that are no longer England. gone but never forgotten by a dwindling few old sweats.
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Afret watching that clip, another clip about finding 500 German soldiers remains came up, treated by the young kids who uncovered the remains with great respect, almost reverence, sez it all I suppose. The last shot of a broken gravestone in the Brit cemetery was of a Loyals Regiment soldier, pity I could not make out the name, it was a Bolton area unit and the guys name will be in the Hall of Memories book in Bolton town hall. How the f**k did we come to this?

Comment

I suppose that's what they mean by "corner of a foreign field".

Comment

Wig.....They may have been the lucky ones at Kut mate....
            I just read an account of the Death March the Turks put the British and Indian Prisoners through as they marched them up through Tikrit to Prison camps in Turkey. 'Orrible bastards raped the youngest squaddies every night. Out of 2500 British prisoners 1750 died of mistreatment. 70%. The Indians got off a bit lighter because some were Muslim. Only 30% of those died.

A lot of them were Staffords. Its burned into the soul of the Staffords to the point where they asked to be the ones that assaulted Kut during the Gulf war and when they did they took no prisoners. A US Marine officer wanted them charged with war crimes....but Schwarzkopf waved it on when he was told about their Regimental History and the Kut Al Amara death march. Told to me by a serving Marine just back from the area. I have not found anything on it. He seemed genuine though. Other than that how would he know ?
            Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              Wig.....They may have been the lucky ones at Kut mate....
              I just read an account of the Death March the Turks put the British and Indian Prisoners through as they marched them up through Tikrit to Prison camps in Turkey. 'Orrible bastards raped the youngest squaddies every night. Out of 2500 British prisoners 1750 died of mistreatment. 70%. The Indians got off a bit lighter because some were Muslim. Only 30% of those died.

A lot of them were Staffords. Its burned into the soul of the Staffords to the point where they asked to be the ones that assaulted Kut during the Gulf war and when they did they took no prisoners. A US Marine officer wanted them charged with war crimes....but Schwarzkopf waved it on when he was told about their Regimental History and the Kut Al Amara death march. Told to me by a serving Marine just back from the area. I have not found anything on it. He seemed genuine though. Other than that how would he know ?
              Remarkable! The only contact i ever had with Turks was in Cyprus when we were manning the Green line between the Turks and the Greeks. Two or three shots from the Turkish side and a lot of jumping around on the Greek side. told the Turks to lay up their weapons while we went to the Greek side to see what was on. A Greek had been wounded. Went back to the Turk side and told a Sgt that they had wounded a Greek, the Sgt knocked shit out of the Turk Tom who took the shot for not killing him. Not a pleasant race of people.

Comment

"Eye fer a fukkin eye" the reight way ta gu!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                  Remarkable! The only contact i ever had with Turks was in Cyprus when we were manning the Green line between the Turks and the Greeks. Two or three shots from the Turkish side and a lot of jumping around on the Greek side. told the Turks to lay up their weapons while we went to the Greek side to see what was on. A Greek had been wounded. Went back to the Turk side and told a Sgt that they had wounded a Greek, the Sgt knocked shit out of the Turk Tom who took the shot for not killing him. Not a pleasant race of people.
                  I've told about the time a on the Turkish pre invasion training op in Sept 73, when we trained them how to do it. They paused the Ex because some of the Turkish Army had live ammo, we were laid up in a village and some of the locals were flogging us melons. A Turkish officer came up and asked us how much he was charging us, can't remember, but told him it was pennies. He went fukkin mad at the bloke and put his pistol to his head, they were under martial law at the time, guy shit himself, thought it was his last day. As you say Ron, a nasty shower of shit.
                  "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

In '86,when we were there on UN duty,we went for a jolly into north Nicosia,the Turkish side of the capital. Outside St Georges Barracks,an old British base pre invasion,below the old royal coat of arms in stone,were 3 heads impaled on the railings. Deserters we were told,3 times offenders,caught and sliced as an example to the rest! Another time,on the green line,2 of their lads chose the wrong moment to moon at us,returning the gesture from a day before. Unfortunately a Danish General happened to be visiting,and reported the incident. The next day the 2 offenders were marched out in view of our position and beaten with iron bars and sticks,before being dragged away unconscious/dead,we never found out which! Nasty too soft a word for them!

Comment

Evil fukkers them Johny Turks, quite a few up ere opened barber shops n local slappers flock round em like flies around shite. Fukk guin theer fer a barnet cut, kunts av never erd o Tony Curtis! Mind thee, the kunts like their fancy stuff, just clock this Ottoman Empire black powder flask I obtained a while agu, bit different from the gud owd English uns med by James Dixon n Sykes in Shiny Sheff.

P1080986.jpgP1080987.jpgP1080990.jpg

Comment

What the Turks did to the Armenian women an children alone in the Armenian genocide... does not bear thinking about.
                        Me

Comment

Yesss, and they shafted poor old Lawrence of Arabia's arse !
                          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

No wonder eee crashed on iz motorbike!

Comment

However, if every pile of shit there is a little flower trying to grow! I will write to our prisons minister and suggest that we hire the Turkish prison service to hold our wasters (over 50% of prisoners in the UK are now foreigners FFS!). I wil;l give a written guarantee that they will no re-offend, no tv, no gym, 6 in a 2 man cell, meals are what you can steal, and you are very likely to come out with an arse-hole the size and shape of a fire bucket, along with the obligatory dose of clap

Comment

Working...
                              X