X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockapes...

...defending us:

rocks.jpg

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Rockapes...

F.ck that,I'd rather die than be defended by them!

Comment

The RAF Reg used to send blokes who had passed their 'selection' for their Para Sqn (2 Field) on the Basic Para course. got to say i was shocked at the dross they were putting forward, absolute shite, many simply not fit, poorly co-ordinated, they refused to jump in numbers. One of their officers came down to 'support' his 'lads' on Basic Para course (something no other unit I ever trained ever does ('go, get yer f***in wings then come back' -not be mollycoddled through the course. i told this officer they were crap and would not get near the P Coy course. He moaned that i was using my Para selection background as the 'yardstick' which was 'unfair'. Now you see the end result in the appalling photies above!!!

Comment

Not had any dealings with them in service, had one in the MOD Plod with me who claimed to have been in the Kings Colour Squadron. Which I found difficult to believe as he had the cordination of a Gallawa with three feken legs !
        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Them 3 tash crabair tash wud keep thee warm in thee pit at neet, n bet thi tek it up the shitter!

Comment

What were the ones like that went to 1st Special Forces Support Group...... alias Sporty 1
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

Well I met one or two quite spoorty at Abingdon back in 66 Tone!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
                ...using my Para selection background as the 'yardstick' which was 'unfair'...
                It's the only 'yardstick' Ron.

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                Not had any dealings with them in service, had one in the MOD Plod with me who claimed to have been in the Kings Colour Squadron. Which I found difficult to believe as he had the cordination of a Gallawa with three feken legs !
                My first sighting of them was in Sydenham in 75, my only contact with them was in 84/5 at RAF Leuchars with 15Para. We were hosting the yanks and were waiting to get into the scoff house, these three rockapes came past us and one snivelling little shit said "Oh it's inglorious TA", we had already been given our gypsies warning about behaviour, I tried to go for the kunnt, but my mate Herbie (ex 1Para), realised this and grabbed my arm, thank fukk. Not sure, but I think I shouted something about airport security at the wankers.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Don, this bloke I knew was solid mate, he once told us, ( I was sitting in my Landrover by the side of the airstrip, when a fighter jet came in to land with only one wheel. So I shot onto the runway, and caught his wing tip on the roof of the Rover !) as they say Don, God loves a wanker mate !
                  Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by bob9739 View Post
                    Don, this bloke I knew was solid mate, he once told us, ( I was sitting in my Landrover by the side of the airstrip, when a fighter jet came in to land with only one wheel. So I shot onto the runway, and caught his wing tip on the roof of the Rover !) as they say Don, God loves a wanker mate !
                    OK, fuuk you and the horse wot you rode in on! Let me tell you - no BS - as Serious as a heart attack - when I left the real world and joined the pretentious world I went to Saudi Arabia as the head of emergency response at the Riyadh International Airport. We had the best kit in the world - seriously - not the point- one sunny day - like they all were- an aircraft called in dodgey landing gear “Down and locked” signal in the cockpit - as per protocol I went out to the runway and asked the aircraft to do a low run overhead- duly noted, Captain - Air France- came in below 100 ft - I could see flapping nose wheel easily - instructed fire team to lay foam last 1/3 of runway and told Captain to keep his bit up for as long as he could but stay on runway - Air traffic control diverted him to Jeddah !!
                    Last edited by KevinMoran; 20 July 2019, 00:28.
                    I just don't understand why they won't shut the hell up while I practice my people skills....

Comment

Ha ha; passed the buck. Arabs aren't daft. I did some landscaping work in Riyadh a long time ago. Right under the flightpath as the big jets came into land.

Comment

Yep! A true case of its not happening on my patch !
                        Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                        X