A Certain Smile....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Certain Smile....

Here we have "Johnny Mathis" with his song "A Certain Smile" which was released in 1958 and i believe it made number 4 here in the UK charts. This song was m...
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: A Certain Smile....

Fukkin ell Tone! One o mi Karaoke favourites! Memories o listenin ta that on Two Way Family Favourites at me grandmothers in the late 50s Sunday dinner time. Writin this from the hotel room in jock land, out soon fer a few tiddly winks gerrer in the mood, get back, put that on, n fingers crossed she waint bi able ta resist the smell o the "Instant Arousal" av splashed all o,er mesen. "Cum ere Mon Cherie!"

Comment

that's the attitude dave hope it went well, johnny mathis what a great singer, of course when this was a hit i was 6 but good music is timeless. i need to see photos of edinburgh been a wee while since i have been there.
      shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Thats me all time favourite Bill. I was ten when he made that but it was still being played occasionally when I was 20. My uncle Jack and Chuck would burst into that. Warbling away when they were pissed up
        Last edited by trubrit2411; 20 May 2019, 16:26.
        Me

Comment

happy days tone. i look back at the 50s and 60s and cannot believe how much the world has changed and not always for the better.
          shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

End of the seventies beginning of the eighties .... began the death of common sense. Actually the meddling began in 63 when they told you who you had to sell your house to.
            Me

Comment

Being just a young lad, all that is well before my time. I recall this one though, possibly the greatest song ever written.
              I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Steve I as thinking you grandson could use "A Certain Smile" in his act.
                Jimmy Osmond is unavailable in America.... Probably to do with Royalties.
                Last edited by trubrit2411; 21 May 2019, 13:43.
                Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
                  Stve I as thinking you grandson could use "A Certain Smile" in his act.
                  I shall recommend it to him, Tone. In his spare time, he sings in a Lincon Park tribute band, they are a pretty big US rap band. They just got booked for a big festival in Singapore. All flights, hotels, food, booze etc provided, plus well paid. Just shows, you are better off just doing covers, than your own songs.
                  I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

I was told when I got home from Cyprus ( after loosing a bit more of our , Empire , sorry ) that my old mum bless her would be reduced to tears every time this song came on the "wireless " , worrying about her curly headed boy

Comment

....thats what Mom's do PD. They worry about their sons. Its their job description. For 2 000 000 years.

(99.999% of 'em)
                      Me

Comment

Nobdy luvs thee like thee Mother!

Comment

Working...
                        X