Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ....and they moan about Colly ?

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
    Colly was a doddle compared to Borstal, take mi word for that!
    You ain't kidding neever Wig. I have a Borstal Tale....

My old man did Borstal in the early thirties Wig. From 11 to 16 because he escaped and legged it twice. They got him back in Worcestershire first time....Liverpool the second time at fifteen.
    He also did Navy nick and he said just what you say. Borstal was the worst nick he ever did. They gave him the birch a few of times. The Cat O Nine in Navy Nick in Trincomalee... I would like to say it made him a better man but it did'nt. He had a hard on with authority his whole life til the day he died. The only Govt Dept he respected was the Warders he lived with in jail later on and the Coppers that done him. (From the bloke on the street to the CID). His absolute loathing was for Judges and Lawyers.

Borstal was his life long Nemesis. He spent his whole life trying to make "them" pay for it. "Five years" he used to say. "For a lousy Salvation Army Collection Box with a few pennies in it". He was eleven when he swiped it.
    He went from Borstal straight to HMS Ganges. Where he Met my uncle Chuck. Who brought him on leave and introduced him to me mom. Fatal. He literally looked like a film star. I've seen our Chuck's letters.

"I have met a chap from Friar Pork (Park). We are coming on leave together". Or words to that effect.... Again Fatal. Little did she know she was getting on a roller coaster for life.

Bad for her...good for me and me three sisters. Not too good for the two sisters me mom lost

He went down fighting though.
    He pinched a can of Salmon out of Sainsburys ..... the same week he went down with Jack the Dancer.
    Fooker....

Always wondered how it would have bin if that little kid never saw that Sally Ann Box...and never did that Borstal ???

Me and a hundred other people would not have bin born for a start Weird thing fate. The Salvation Army financed our entire existence for a couple of bob.
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 16 May 2019, 01:26.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

I got done for nicking veg from a farmers fields (and a couple of chicken's) to feed my brothers and sisters, war just over old man eventually died from injuries he picked up at Dunkirk so being the eldest it was my job to 'find' food and coal. no coal, no fire, no hot meal etc. Not just the borstal, the farmer thumped me, the cop slapped me about. No complaints, some physical stuff was handed out in Borstal by some staff, and the lads were always on the go at the back of the huts, turn up with teeth missing or black eyes and you had 'tripped'. of course. Marched or ran everywhere. Food was utter shite. said it before, the ex WW2 staff were straight and if they did lamp you one they told you why and encouraged you to take another route (army) when you got out. It was the 'civvy' staff who made yer skin crawl, hanging round at shower time etc. I thumped the farmers 2 sons when I did get out. like your old man tone it made me resent 'authority', not sure how that fits with joining the forces and being a cop later!

Comment

Originally posted by standinthedoor View Post
        I got done for nicking veg from a farmers fields (and a couple of chicken's) to feed my brothers and sisters, war just over old man eventually died from injuries he picked up at Dunkirk so being the eldest it was my job to 'find' food and coal. no coal, no fire, no hot meal etc. Not just the borstal, the farmer thumped me, the cop slapped me about. No complaints, some physical stuff was handed out in Borstal by some staff, and the lads were always on the go at the back of the huts, turn up with teeth missing or black eyes and you had 'tripped'. of course. Marched or ran everywhere. Food was utter shite. said it before, the ex WW2 staff were straight and if they did lamp you one they told you why and encouraged you to take another route (army) when you got out. It was the 'civvy' staff who made yer skin crawl, hanging round at shower time etc. I thumped the farmers 2 sons when I did get out. like your old man tone it made me resent 'authority', not sure how that fits with joining the forces and being a cop later!
        They never took your dad dying into account Wig ? Never twigged you was stealing FOOD.... fer fooks sake ? Sounds like something out of Charles Dickens. Today you would have got virtually let off and the farmer would have been done for assault and the copper terminated literally on the spot, for looking sideways at you.There would have been no Borstal. (Does it still exist ?) There would have been a a viral video on all the news and a GO fund me Page, run by Social Justice Warrior lunatics, for you, and thirty grand in your bin over night.... How time changed. Its gone all the other way
        Last edited by trubrit2411; 16 May 2019, 01:56.
        "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
        Me

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
          My SiL is a parascitologist, she did some research in PNG where the natives had some debilitating disease and worms caused by wandering around barefoot in there own shit. Solution? Issue them all with flip flops...and don't shit in your own nest. The fukkers couldn't get used to the FF's so they carried on barefoot.
          First I heard of that Don, but there again wearing flip flops over dog shit would make your feet slip on the rubber flip and flop and fall backwards into the shit. So best not to wear them.
          i actually never saw any of them wearing flip flops.
          By the way, any idea where Dave (kanaka) is, or how he is doing?
          Last edited by HappyJack; 16 May 2019, 14:42.
          Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
          A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
          Until it has destroyed itself from within
          W.Durant

Comment

Bin thinkin that mesen John, owd Daves a top geezer, hope eeez OK?

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              You ain't kidding neever Wig. I have a Borstal Tale....

My old man did Borstal in the early thirties Wig. From 11 to 16 because he escaped and legged it twice. They got him back in Worcestershire first time....Liverpool the second time at fifteen.
              He also did Navy nick and he said just what you say. Borstal was the worst nick he ever did. They gave him the birch a few of times. The Cat O Nine in Navy Nick in Trincomalee... I would like to say it made him a better man but it did'nt. He had a hard on with authority his whole life til the day he died. The only Govt Dept he respected was the Warders he lived with in jail later on and the Coppers that done him. (From the bloke on the street to the CID). His absolute loathing was for Judges and Lawyers.

Borstal was his life long Nemesis. He spent his whole life trying to make "them" pay for it. "Five years" he used to say. "For a lousy Salvation Army Collection Box with a few pennies in it". He was eleven when he swiped it.
              He went from Borstal straight to HMS Ganges. Where he Met my uncle Chuck. Who brought him on leave and introduced him to me mom. Fatal. He literally looked like a film star. I've seen our Chuck's letters.

"I have met a chap from Friar Pork (Park). We are coming on leave together". Or words to that effect.... Again Fatal. Little did she know she was getting on a roller coaster for life.

Bad for her...good for me and me three sisters. Not too good for the two sisters me mom lost

He went down fighting though.
              He pinched a can of Salmon out of Sainsburys ..... the same week he went down with Jack the Dancer.
              Fooker....

Always wondered how it would have bin if that little kid never saw that Sally Ann Box...and never did that Borstal ???

Me and a hundred other people would not have bin born for a start Weird thing fate. The Salvation Army financed our entire existence for a couple of bob.
              great and probably sad memories mate, would have loved to had a pint or three with yer dad and uncle. both men i know would have been airborne or commandos without doubt.
              shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                Bin thinkin that mesen John, owd Daves a top geezer, hope eeez OK?
                Same here Dave, sent him a couple of emails now and again, haven't heard nowt back.
                Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Working...
                X