• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to post a Google earth Pic...

of the Brigade Lines. Dint work out.

This it, Tony?

Monty lines.jpg
    Last edited by Don the Mod; 3 May 2019, 08:39.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Re: Tried to post a Google earth Pic...

63a13f4211f38a0160d43ca38b3ca3c2--parachute-regiment-montgomery.jpg
    Last edited by Don the Mod; 3 May 2019, 20:28.
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Thanks mate... Thats exactly it. Devastated. Bloody sad ain't it.

Must niggle the blokes that settled in the 'shot when they drive down Queens Ave. No idea why they split that Brigade up. None. It was an Army unto its self. An Army within an Army. I don't remember ever being around Hats much. Only other Airborne Units. 9...7...216 63 10 from Londinium. Even Ghanaian Paras. No Hats.

Something amiss somewhere for the cretins in London to break that Brigade up when the Russians Chinks and Yanks were doing the opposite. Can't figure them out. Often wondered if Bloody S scared them non military suits to death. Did they feel threatened ? Like the French/De Gaulle got threatened by their Paras over giving Algeria away after they did a ton of fighting and dying for it ?
      Last edited by trubrit2411; 3 May 2019, 21:26.
      Me

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11023[/ATTACH]
        There you go Ian..... Pick your window. Or all the places you collapsed drunk for the night. Or your crawling route.
        Me

Comment

Can clock the owd Maida Gym theer Tone across from the lines. After the pumpin I did in the owd loft gym back in the day I thought it wudda bin moor famous than "Golds". Looks like thiv built gaffs on the owd Maida site, wonder if General Gordons tree iz still standin weer the owd guardroom wuz! If so, thiz some famous piss stains on theer! Can also clock CMH, how fate struck a deadly blow ta mi future life while in dock at that joint!

Comment

Memories, ghosts of the past mate !
            Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
              Thanks mate... Thats exactly it. Devastated. Bloody sad ain't it.

Must niggle the blokes that settled in the 'shot when they drive down Queens Ave. No idea why they split that Brigade up. None. It was an Army unto its self. An Army within and Army. I don't remember ever being around Hats much. Only other Airborne Units. 9...7...216 6. 10 from Londinium. Even Ghanaian Paras. No Hats.

Something amiss somewhere for the cretins in London to break that Brigade up when the Russians Chinks and Yanks were doing the opposite. Can't figure them out. Often wondered if Bloody S scared them non military suits to death. Did they feel threatened ? Like the French/De Gaul got threatened by their Paras over giving Algeria away after they did a ton of fighting and dying for it ?
              You got it in one,these barstewards don't like it when you have a group that is more efficient than them ,hence the break up and movement o' 16 th independant Brigade fae the Shot

Comment

Working...
              X