P Coy Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P Coy Pic

Good looking? Must've been a real bad accident you were in later then! Remember "Clunk click every trip" to quote uncle Jimmy Savile!!

Comment

Mind you he no mirrors in his house Pat !!!
      2 Para Pal,6 plt B.Coy. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
        Ron the SPAG were only supposed to wear the lightbulb.
        Memory is a sack of shit just now but there were many who were only qualified to wear the light bulb but wandered round with wings, hoping I suppose to get away with it. I think Sandhurst cadets did a (would you believe) a 'Teddy Bear' course which qualified for light bulb but some wore wings in their eventual units (none para). These grown men who were being trained to lead soldiers actually carried their teddy bear mascot on their last jump, meks you cringe

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
          Good looking? Must've been a real bad accident you were in later then! Remember "Clunk click every trip" to quote uncle Jimmy Savile!!
          Leave PD alone... hes promised to get me a pint.in Brecon...
          HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

I reckon
            That pint in Brecon
            Is in your dreams
            It seems
            A pint from Pete
            You will have to admit defeat
            He has been going for years
            But never buys any beers.
            It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

They still have SPAG teams now ? Water jumps galore. Blind faith in your fellow man when you think about it. Getting dropped maybe thousands of miles from land onto a heaving blue ocean all by yourselves. Dead eerie that would be. Still they must have kept the air cover circling. How the hell would you do anything for blokes trapped hundreds of feet down. You know what. Fook being on a Sub.
              "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
              Me

Comment

Originally posted by BennyB View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11000[/ATTACH]

SPAG didn't do P coy. The only RN required to do P coy were those in Combined Ops units and they only numbered around a dozen at any one time. As far as I know, only 4 of us wore the maroon [Bahrain, Hamala Camp 1962 to 64.] although we've always had teams supporting the Paras on exercises and ops ... Radfan, Falklands etc.,
                That's what I was meaning when I said about the light bulb Benny. Any chance of a close up of your badge if you still have one mate? Was googling P Coy pics and found this do you know the matelot Benny?

Last edited by Don the Mod; 2 May 2019, 15:36.
                "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

great photos keep em coming
                  shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

That PTI looks like a right beaster.... When they form up you never can tell who is going to be still on their feet at the end. Look at the little bloke in the middle. He looks like Jimmy Clitheroe. He must have been all heart. The second Looey as well.
                    Me

Comment

When I re-enlisted I went to 2para and the p.t.i. Who did my p company was now a wo 2 in 2para we also had a sailor and a marine at abingdon and Rab you are wrong you know I stand my corner what you say is slanderous

Comment

Hi Jack! swidt?

Comment

This was in the days before the RN started wearing berets and we just sewed our Sparkers badge onto the beret. Nobby Arnold had an apoplectic fit when he saw me in the Bn lines for the first time. It was a "who the xxxx are you"? moment and " beard?" "Para beret?" To be fair to him he hadn't long taken over from Del Shannon who was injured with the CO when their helo came down.

Comment

Yes that's me! I liked P coy so much I did it twice! First pic was April and this one May 1962. First course, only about 4 passed in that squad.
                            Last edited by BennyB; 2 May 2019, 20:02.

Comment

Not many of us passed from that pic. I remember the big Fijian in the back row Vosataki [sp] failed for being too agressive [you couldn't make it up!] In the milling he jumped on his opponent put him on the floor and tried to strangle him with his gloves still on. Hell of a job to pull him off!

Comment

Benny... Them Fijians were scary blokes in the Roundabout. I remember them doing their war dance. Impressed me. He looks a right animal. They knew what they were doing. He would have been trouble with a few pints down him. Fook trying to arrest him
                                Last edited by trubrit2411; 2 May 2019, 21:31.
                                Me

Comment

Working...
                                X