P Coy Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P Coy Pic

When I first did P company 1959 we stayed in spiders on gun hill last time I was in the shot they were still there I wonder if they are still there ? Maybe Tommy simpson can tell me

Comment

Latest photo still waiting for you to buy a round Pete
      zebra-jumping-spider.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by peter dearden View Post
        When I first did P company 1959 we stayed in spiders on gun hill last time I was in the shot they were still there I wonder if they are still there ? Maybe Tommy simpson can tell me
        Is Tommy still on this site along with a lot of others he does not seem to post anything.
        It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Rab, he's still a member and looks in, as many others do without posting.
          "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Pete,if they were the ones just below the main hospital they should still be there,as they were listed. They were built as flat packs to go out to The Crimea,but weren't used,and were later put up down there. Last seen being used as accom for nurses in the 90's,the insides having been modernised,but the outside remaining creosoted wood.

Comment

Those were the ones Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Harley View Post
                Pete,if they were the ones just below the main hospital they should still be there,as they were listed. They were built as flat packs to go out to The Crimea,but weren't used,and were later put up down there. Last seen being used as accom for nurses in the 90's,the insides having been modernised,but the outside remaining creosoted wood.
                Think that's where the garrison families section and the Aldershot ACIO was in the 70's.

Comment

So that,s weer a got the fukkin black skidders on me arse then!

Comment

I was in those bashas when I did P Company in March, 1963.

Comment

the pub or the war?
                      I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the Mod View Post
                        Think that's where the garrison families section and the Aldershot ACIO was in the 70's.
                        My mistake, I was thinking of Hospital Hill, the ACIO is still there. There is no access to Gun Hill on Google.

hosp.jpg

Comment

I didn't like to say anything Don. It's not the first time I've mixed the two hills up either,I'm sure whoever named them meant for Hospital Hill to go up to the hospital,not Gun Hill!

Comment

Remember the Spider well in the mid 50's, soldiers appeared and disappeared in those huts, national servicemen were know to complete their 2 years in the Spider just wandering around, I think that there was a large brick building within the lines, not sure what that was. SAS used it to transit to and from Malaya. CSM Smokey Furness was head boy when I was in there, a right bastard if ever there was one

Comment

Smokey furnace was a great guy it was the guys who jacked it that felt his wrath then he was a mean guy he used to drive an old ford van

Comment

Originally posted by treeman View Post
                                I was in those bashas when I did P Company in March, 1963.
                                I was still waiting to be born then... lot of great events in 1963
                                HURRY UP AND WAIT

Comment

Working...
                                X