Notre Dame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame...

...i posted this on fudbook; last month St Sulpice went on fire and apparently another couple of chapels were burned recently too. I think there's a firebug in Paris. Usual suspects?

A club member who lives in Paris, posted this:

paris.jpg
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: Notre Dame...

I reckon the hunchback left his candle burning.
    I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Maybe he was burning it at both ends!

Comment

Owd Esmerelda,s growler iz on fire!

Comment

That's just friction burns!

Comment

It will be that hump backed twat-again!

Comment

All comes down to religion again, when you look at those two lads faces on the image at the start...............they hate anything Christianity driven, but they'll take all the handouts the west and the Christians can give them!!!

Comment

I'm sure there are plenty of people in Paris who are laughing their bollocks off about an iconic Christian building being destroyed either accidentally, or as a result of an arson attack. Personally, as long as no one was hurt, I couldn't give a rat's arse about bricks and mortar. I understand that one fireman was injured, but it wasn't serious, so no problem. I see now that loads of rich and poor are pledging millions of euros to have it restored. There are better and more useful things to spend the money on, rather than a religious building which has degenerated over the years into a mere poxy tourist attraction. Mind you, that's what it's always been, ask any medieval pilgrim, and the greedy priests, only too wiling to sell the gullible a piece of the true cross. I'd rather give my money to the RSPCA, or the RNLI. The Vatican can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by findlay View Post
                  I'm sure there are plenty of people in Paris who are laughing their bollocks off about an iconic Christian building being destroyed either accidentally, or as a result of an arson attack. Personally, as long as no one was hurt, I couldn't give a rat's arse about bricks and mortar. I understand that one fireman was injured, but it wasn't serious, so no problem. I see now that loads of rich and poor are pledging millions of euros to have it restored. There are better and more useful things to spend the money on, rather than a religious building which has degenerated over the years into a mere poxy tourist attraction. Mind you, that's what it's always been, ask any medieval pilgrim, and the greedy priests, only too wiling to sell the gullible a piece of the true cross. I'd rather give my money to the RSPCA, or the RNLI. The Vatican can afford it.
                  I'd like to see it restored, if only because it was a beautiful building, but, the church is easily rich enough to pay for the work. I agree there's better places for their money, but if all these fukkers are stupid enough to give their money towards it, then that's their choice, the church is certainly stupid enough to take it.

Meanwhile, it's not only ND that's affected, apart from St Sulpice I mentioned above, there are plenty more and not only in France.

In Germany, four separate churches were vandalized and/or torched in March alone. "In this country," PI-News, a German news site, explained, "there is a creeping war against everything that symbolizes Christianity: attacks on mountain-summit crosses, on

Comment

Sadly, that is what happens. Like Gun boat deplomacy, which the British Government are still responsible for, right across the world ie India/Pakistan/China/Palestine/Israel/Iraq/Afghanistan and everything to do with the Arab Spring and loads of other countries besides, they are now reaping the world wind and as the Muslim faith moves west, these incidents will only increase sadly.

Comment

Religion, this just shows where their priorities are, loads of people who could benefit from the money that Macron has pledged to assist the rebuild. Must feel that they have been classily rubber dicked. Don't they have building insurance in France then ?
                      Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

You watch with Macron, by the time the request comes in for the Government to cough up, he'll be gone and the money will be too and they will rely totally on public subscriptions. Amazing how the Pope has kept schtum over the fire!!! Maybe its a different sort of Catholicism in Italy!!
                        Crusaders have a lot to answer for. They were the PARA Reg of the day

Officials attending the Notre Dame blaze initially couldn't find any sign of fire despite the alarm being raised 23 minutes before the structure went up in flames. Paris public prosecutor Rémy Heitz announced on Tuesday that firefighters were called to the world-famous cathedral at 6.20pm CET, almost half an hour before the roof caught fire.
                        But after an initial inspection they said they were unable to find any evidence of fire......................blimey, deaf, dumb and blind and a blocked nose!!!
                        Last edited by Gil; 17 April 2019, 08:43.

Comment

I visited Notre Dame a few years ago,and was shocked at the filthy state of the place inside,along with Sacre Cour on the hill above Paris.Compared to Salisbury,Westminster etc the place was stinking,with chip wrappers and coffee cups blowing in the aisles and just an endless stream of tourists filing in one door and out of the other,13 million a year according to the news the other day.It's a wonder there's any time to do any religious shit in there.No wonder they want to rebuild it quickly,it's a bottomless money basket!

Comment

Problem iz, while ever the useless twats at Wankminster keep uz in this European shite, "Once" Great Britain will bi paying fer the re-build!

Comment

Seems they already have around €1Bn donated. One frog billionaire has given €100M. As i said, if they're stupid enough to give it, the church is certainly stupid enough to take it and leave their ample coffers intact.

Comment

Working...
                              X