I and my...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I and my...

...wife sister and two sisters in law, are happy to see their almost £80,000 in lost pensions is being put to good use, after all, we're all in it together. Tell Val she should also be proud of her contribution Dave.

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Re: I and my...

Just another day at the trough

Comment

That is a magnificent building and should be saved for posterity. They don't build them like that anymore. But if the Nation is paying for the renovation then the Nation should take over ownership. It would make a grand retirement home for ex Paras. Maybe the West wing for Airborne and the East wing for retired QUARANCs.

Comment

Retired Quarancs Chris? You cruel fukker!

Comment

Could turn it into a brothel for us old pensioners
          Bob (geordie) Watts

Comment

What manner of tradesmen must have worked on that. No electric tools. All by hand. 3 foot foldable wooden rules. Bit and braces. No plasterboard. All lathe and plaster. Browning and skim. The big lime pit. I was on the tail end of all that. Fook I'm old........Bloke I was apprenticed to Jim Penny of Borneo Street Walsall started his apprenticeship in 1912 at twelve years old.

"Sit on that bucket" he sez, me fust morning in August 1963. He carried on laying brick. Smokin' his pipe......

Two hours later..."Yam still here then ? Well I gid yer chance ter run away an yow day goo. So now I s'pose yow gorra lern this racket. Just doh blerm me lerter on..... when yam owder...... Con yer mek tay" ?

Never forgot him all me life.
            Last edited by trubrit2411; 13 April 2019, 00:10.
            "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
            Me

Comment

The build ta last days are long gone Tone!

Comment

Working...
              X