No announcement yet.

If you have a liitle dick like me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you have a liitle dick like me....

Biggest mistake I made was a 75 BMW 530 i in 1982 and a 98 Jaguar xj8.in 2003 After 50 000 mile of local non Jag mechanics the Jag was dead faulty. In the end I sold it broke down for 1800 bucks just to get rid of it. It was beautiful as well. Black on black leather. Stunning car but it 500 dollared me to death. It had 106 000 miles on it when I told the bloke he needed to have it towed. "I think I will be alright," he said. He opted to drive it and fooked the engine up on the free way. Daft kunnt.
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 18 March 2019, 01:43.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Talking about car collections clock this bloke and his Hondas. .... Hondas ?????

Me

Comment

Most economical jam jar I ever had wuz a 1948 VW Beetle that wud run on Paraffin. Mobile smoke grenade but wud get thee from A ta B.

Comment

Pink or blue ?
          It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

"They asked me if I knew, it was Esso Blue."

Comment

Because your engine was not pinking all the time 🚕
              It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Being air cooled Rab it med a sound like a skeleton avin a wank in a bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Burgess View Post
                  Being air cooled Rab it med a sound like a skeleton avin a wank in a bin.
                  Had a VW Beetle at Abingdon Dave used to get 8 lads in it to go down town for a wet, it spluttered and farted with smoke belching out of something at the back, totally reliable, I usd to dare it to break down. Got a vauxhall Astra, had it 7 years, never any problems, anything makes me move seats in the pub is if some prick starts talking about his 'drop head cam shaft dingleberger' not a f***in clue what the f**k they are talking about. Turn ignition key car starts = happy, turn ignition key car does not start = sad, as Mr McCawber may have said

Comment

Yep bugger unreliable cars. I am same as Wig. I just want to pump the smelly stuff in the hole on the side and turn the key and travel..... Other than sussing the water and oil I never lift the bonnet. I changed a starter motor once....with a lump hammer and bolster chisel...

'erm....
                    Me

Comment

Owd Joe Vittoria erd on the grapevine that I wuz an apprentice mechanic befoor joining the Reg so asked me If I,d service iz Triumph Vitesse. Eee thought it wuz the beez kneez, but worra bag o shite that wuz, sounded like a VW Beetle wi no silencer fitted. Tappets wo that fukkin loose the fukkin thing sounded like a drop foorge!

Comment

I had a 71 saffron yellow Triumph TR6. Nice looking but had all the sophistication of a farm tractor. Plus I needed me own personal tow truck following me. Tell you what though Dave for all their mechanical detractions that Triumph 2000, Vitesse and Stag were lovely lookin' motors.
                        Me

Comment

Way back, a mate o mine bought a Vitesse from a local car dealer Tone. Eee wuz only 19 at the time, went ta gerran insurance quote n nearly fukkin fainted! Fukked off back ta the dealer at top speed n teld em eed changed iz fukkin mind!

Comment

Best second hand car I ever bought at the Frimley auctions was a Sunbeam Rapier
                            Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Comment

Used ta work on them az a young apprentice Ian, the make all part of the now defunct Rootes Group, inc. Hillman, Humber, Sunbeam n Singer.

Comment

This was a flash motor back then Ian....

Me

Comment

Working...
                                X