Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you have a liitle dick like me....

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a liitle dick like me....

I bet one of these would really help with the pulling the birds

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gm-apos-c...145649463.html
    “Politicians are not born; they are excreted.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

2. Likes bob9739 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: If you have a liitle dick like me....

Corvette Tone, don't think I could afford the running costs over here mate, rip off insurance and fuel prices rule it out. but don't stop you dreaming !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

4. Likes jim scott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Australian bloke,that was always f.ckin' about with dangerous animals thought a pic with a stingray would help him pull too! Big spiky stingy thing in the chest changed his mind! (Not sure if it was a Corvette Stingray or not!)

6. Likes trubrit2411, bob9739 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob9739 View Post
    Corvette Tone, don't think I could afford the running costs over here mate, rip off insurance and fuel prices rule it out. but don't stop you dreaming !
    Always wanted one mate but I just could never justify it. The insurance in 1995 was 2000 a year God knows what it is now. They drop off in price in the first three years so you don't fork out so much but still its a useless car really. The original fanny rats tool. No good for a family man with kids and you cant get much sand cement and brick in it lol. If you are sports car minded though and can sport a few quid, they have to be the best bang per quid out there. They call that fooker the Ferrari Killer
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

8. Likes bob9739 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always wanted the older type, but could never afford, so ended up with a Lotus elan S3
    Lotus (lots of trouble under service)

Post Thanks / Like

Big money here now a Lotus in good nick John. TR3....4....and 6 as well, Up to forty grand in show condition

If you wanted I can track you down a California Corvette here and put it on a boat. Not one spot of rust on these Calif cars. You would need your own private petrol tanker following you though. Plus a Yank minded mechanic. Probably not worth it on second thoughts. There are some great deals here in Corvettes. Be a left hooker though
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought of that Tony, when the time of the walking dead ever comes about, looking for a tanker for fuel.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
    A Great Civilization is not Conquered from without
    Until it has destroyed itself from within
    W.Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go John. A few local wheels...

Click on the picture...then click on the arrow at the side of the pic... all the pics from all the angles come up.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/sear...query=Corvette
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 1 Week Ago at 18:37.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

BAFC Verification Officer Don the Mod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't get it with sports cars or so called muscle cars. To me they're just metal (or fibre glass) boxes to get from 'a' to 'b'. I def don't get these fukkers that waste their lives washing and bulling them up, my pet hate.

I really don't get guys in their 50's like a few colleagues where I worked who got promoted into the serious wedge range. The three of them bought themselves little sports cars. I couldn't even get into one of them it was so low.

At the opposite end you get the boy racers. I remember two of the bragging about what they had, e.g. 1.2 ltr this, 1,6, ltr that. I pointed out I had a bigger bottle of milk in the fridge.

I'll stick with my good old 17yr old puggy estate, I would never buy a new car and I certainly couldn't justify it, only did 2702mls between the last two MOT's. My mate reckons he did about 600 of those.
    "We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Post Thanks / Like

Got mesen an 8 year owd Fiat Punto 60K on the clock, gets mi far away enuff ta hide from plod! What appened ta mi Audi? Cashed it in ta give mi eldest daughter a deposit on a gaff. Gud owd bank of Daddy!

15. Likes bob9739 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Only profit i ever made on a car was my old 850E Ford Anglia (Razor Back), had it 5 years and got 50.00 Quid more than what I paid for it . Never happened since !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Post Thanks / Like

Got 2 Land Rovers,both falling to bits,and a couple of bikes.Never had a car capable of doing 100 mph,and never had the desire.As you say Don,it's just a box on wheels to get from A-B,and could never understand the little sports cars,if you cant get 6 of yer mates in it to go on the piss,it aint worth having!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First car I owned was a Vauxhall Victor 101 in 1973 followed by a couple of Cortina mark 2's some Mini's then differant company cars,
    Had a Mazda Bongo van for 3 years and have a Ford Bmax at present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Mod View Post
    I really don't get it with sports cars or so called muscle cars. To me they're just metal (or fibre glass) boxes to get from 'a' to 'b'. I def don't get these fukkers that waste their lives washing and bulling them up, my pet hate.

I really don't get guys in their 50's like a few colleagues where I worked who got promoted into the serious wedge range. The three of them bought themselves little sports cars. I couldn't even get into one of them it was so low.

At the opposite end you get the boy racers. I remember two of the bragging about what they had, e.g. 1.2 ltr this, 1,6, ltr that. I pointed out I had a bigger bottle of milk in the fridge.

I'll stick with my good old 17yr old puggy estate, I would never buy a new car and I certainly couldn't justify it, only did 2702mls between the last two MOT's. My mate reckons he did about 600 of those.

A lot of people get it though Don. Some people its their hobby. Some its their business. Some its there very LIFE. I know a bloke here, met him once hes got a collection of 42 Ferrari's. People collect them. Trade them, make a living out of them. Join Car clubs. Swap ideas and info. They are into it big time. I just did a foundation on a blokes house and then his driveway, he is the President of the Corvette Club of America. Guy by the name of Mike Vietro. Also known as Corvette Mike. Took his passion for cars and ran with it.

The blokes that can walk in a dealership and make a cheque out for ninety to a hundred and ninety grand for a car, ain't struggling by any means....and don't care about money. Its no problem for them they just do it. I got a mate who pushes dirt for a living, he was taking in a couple of hundred grand a month out of bulldozers. He likes 4 wheel drive all terrain vehicles and is into Desert Racing. At his height him and his brothers/mates probably had half a million in a Desert racing set up. Google the Baja 500. Or the Baja 1000. Its big biz.

I just went with Mike Vietro about a year ago to view and appraise a Classic 1964 Corvette some body was going to put up for sale for a couple of hundred grand. They needed his expert advice. Turned out it was "only worth" a hundred and fifty. "Oh dear" said the bloke. "Maybe I will just keep it. Wait for an upswing in the market."

Now it ain't my cup of tea. I would never buy a new car. I am a bit of a shylock. I have to get a deal before I let the ackers go....but not everybody is like me. What makes no sense to us makes perfect sense to them. In fact it is their LIFE

https://corvettemike.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AmOiOnVHQY
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 5 Days Ago at 17:52.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Always had second hand motors, worst I bought was an Austin Allegro. Hydro elastic suspension. Absolute shite, big mistake buying that one, but you learn the hard way !
    Bob (geordie) Watts

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest mistake I made was a 75 BMW 530 i in 1982 and a 98 Jaguar xj8.in 2003 After 50 000 mile of local non Jag mechanics the Jag was dead faulty. In the end I sold it broke down for 1800 bucks just to get rid of it. It was beautiful as well. Black on black leather. Stunning car but it 500 dollared me to death. It had 106 000 miles on it when I told the bloke he needed to have it towed. "I think I will be alright," he said. He opted to drive it and fooked the engine up on the free way. Daft kunnt.
    Last edited by trubrit2411; 4 Days Ago at 01:43.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about car collections clock this bloke and his Hondas. .... Hondas ?????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...cid=spartandhp
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like

Most economical jam jar I ever had wuz a 1948 VW Beetle that wud run on Paraffin. Mobile smoke grenade but wud get thee from A ta B.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pink or blue ?

Post Thanks / Like

"They asked me if I knew, it was Esso Blue."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Because your engine was not pinking all the time 🚕

Post Thanks / Like

Being air cooled Rab it med a sound like a skeleton avin a wank in a bin.

Airborne Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Burgess View Post
    Being air cooled Rab it med a sound like a skeleton avin a wank in a bin.
    Had a VW Beetle at Abingdon Dave used to get 8 lads in it to go down town for a wet, it spluttered and farted with smoke belching out of something at the back, totally reliable, I usd to dare it to break down. Got a vauxhall Astra, had it 7 years, never any problems, anything makes me move seats in the pub is if some prick starts talking about his 'drop head cam shaft dingleberger' not a f***in clue what the f**k they are talking about. Turn ignition key car starts = happy, turn ignition key car does not start = sad, as Mr McCawber may have said

29. Likes trubrit2411 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep bugger unreliable cars. I am same as Wig. I just want to pump the smelly stuff in the hole on the side and turn the key and travel..... Other than sussing the water and oil I never lift the bonnet. I changed a starter motor once....with a lump hammer and bolster chisel...

'erm....
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like

Owd Joe Vittoria erd on the grapevine that I wuz an apprentice mechanic befoor joining the Reg so asked me If I,d service iz Triumph Vitesse. Eee thought it wuz the beez kneez, but worra bag o shite that wuz, sounded like a VW Beetle wi no silencer fitted. Tappets wo that fukkin loose the fukkin thing sounded like a drop foorge!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 71 saffron yellow Triumph TR6. Nice looking but had all the sophistication of a farm tractor. Plus I needed me own personal tow truck following me. Tell you what though Dave for all their mechanical detractions that Triumph 2000, Vitesse and Stag were lovely lookin' motors.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Post Thanks / Like

Way back, a mate o mine bought a Vitesse from a local car dealer Tone. Eee wuz only 19 at the time, went ta gerran insurance quote n nearly fukkin fainted! Fukked off back ta the dealer at top speed n teld em eed changed iz fukkin mind!

Post Thanks / Like

Best second hand car I ever bought at the Frimley auctions was a Sunbeam Rapier
    Ian Russell - Still 2 Fighting Fit Downunder

Post Thanks / Like

Used ta work on them az a young apprentice Ian, the make all part of the now defunct Rootes Group, inc. Hillman, Humber, Sunbeam n Singer.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a flash motor back then Ian....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbea...onvertible.jpg
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Thread Information