heavy rain and flood at northern Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy rain and flood at northern Cali

a few photos the one with the large circle and massive amounts of water going down it is called THE GLORY HOLE this is only the second time in years that this have overflowed, in fact the water is 4ft above the hole. the rain has caused damage, rock slides and flooding. in a few months we will have more fires. one extreme to the next drought to fires and rain floods. the area cannot handle any more water. I must admit i enjoy the rain.the glory hole .jpgthe glory hole 2.jpgcamp ground flooded .jpgcreek flooding the road.jpgdam release gate .jpgglory hole 4.jpg
    shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Re: heavy rain and flood at northern Cali

Rain is killing us down here. We ain't geared up for rain mate. Only frying under the big yellow ball. Bloke at the Ready Mix place sez they are going bust. Nobody can get anything done. I thought it was just me.

Putah Creek must be running and thundering like a steam train draining that big owd lake.
    "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
    Me

Comment

Steady drizzle today kept me indoors,but mainly through idleness!I could've gone out there,and ringed up the pile of logs for the splitter,but that would've involved discomfort,and there's a big pile waiting there already for the customers,so I sat around all day,eating things,and staring at Her!

Comment

We've had about a months supply in the last couple of days as well. And it's only been mid 20's. I'm sick of winter already and it's only just autumn.
        I have always set myself a very low standard, and constantly fail to achieve it.

Comment

Next time it rains I think I will dig a fire trench in the front garden and get in it with me kids AR15. Put a green USMC tarp over it, stack a bit of turf around the top keep the water out. Make it like Brecon. Bit hard with these Palm trees though. I could ignore them at a push. Then again I could always pretend it was the uloo.... 'cept I never been in it.
          "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
          Me

Comment

Originally posted by trubrit2411 View Post
            Rain is killing us down here. We ain't geared up for rain mate. Only frying under the big yellow ball. Bloke at the Ready Mix place sez they are going bust. Nobody can get anything done. I thought it was just me.

Putah Creek must be running and thundering like a steam train draining that big owd lake.
            it is flowing really fast and high the local fishermen are already talking about the steelhead trout and the salmon. i will take a couple of photos tomorrow for ye tone if you have nothing on get in the roadster and see for yersell. the fruit trees are drowning
            i
            shankhill rd to the battle school " carpe diem"

Comment

Working...
            X