Ray Shuck 13 Para WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ray Shuck 13 Para WW2

I think I have sussed out the reason for the way some people wear their beret these days.
    From above the left eye to the left ear is aprox 88degrees so for every year served you turn the beret 4degrees left so at the end of 22years the badge is over your left ear.
    It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by RAB View Post
      I think I have sussed out the reason for the way some people wear their beret these days.
      From above the left eye to the left ear is aprox 88degrees so for every year served you turn the beret 4degrees left so at the end of 22years the badge is over your left ear.
      The "Pancake" Looks 'orrible. Stupid...Comical. Do other Reg do it ?
      "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
      Me

Comment

The Andy Cap look.
        It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog that matters.

Comment

Went to ray shuck's funeral this morning. Got up, she sez 'you are not going out in this are you?'. Prompt reply 'If this bloke can get no sleep, fly to France and jump in on D day with a Kraut welcoming committee, achieve what they set out to do, then get hit in the head by a sniper, then I can drive a few miles and stand there in cold weather'. Shut her up. i guess about 50 or 60 maroon hats with about 15 from other mobs attended, local PRA did the flag stuff and they had a pipe band to lead him for the last half mile to the church. family and friends seemed to have a strong airborne connections. A Para RSM and Lt Col in uniform appeared and 4 serving lads in combat gear helped to carry Ray in. The two lads who supported Ray at the Remembrance Sunday parade also helped to carry Ray.Very moving, some vets had traveled long distances to be there. Meks you proud to belong. Will upload any photos if any emerge. Think Ray would have been proud of his airborne successors. Rest in Peace now Ray

Comment

"We're surrounded on all sides... Good... you're obviously in the right place".

Comment

Well done Don, quick off the mark. Thanks. wig

Comment

Good photo. See the Reg is there. Very good.
                "If they control your speech.....they control your life"
                Me

Comment

Working...
                X